I was looking for a model I remembered seeing many years ago, and I stumbled upon the obituary of Eddie Chavez, a master scratch builder that lived here in San Antonio and whom I had the honor to meet many years ago when I went with my best friend and modeling mentor to Eddie's house. I really didn't see a forum that fit the content of this post, but since his models were predominately from  the interwar era, I posted it here. (I'm sure Julien will move it or remove it,as he sees fit, but maybe a section dedicated to modeling masters or legends might be a good place to post the work and biographies of other modelers who have been so influential in our hobby- Bondo Phil Brandt, Gordon Stevens, John Adams, Bob Davies, Peter Cooke, et al come to mind.)

Eddie was a true gentleman and to see all of the incredible models he had at his home was a real treat. I recall seeing some of his models on display at various museums, but had no idea at the time who he was or that he lived in the same city! 

Mike

http://www.accordionusa.com/fe_mem_04.htm

• Like 4