Tim's Hasegawa Skywarrior - COMPLETED

theplasticsurgeon

Rejoining you with this Hasegawa 1/72 EKA-3B Skywarrior,  costing me £10 from Comet Minatures at SMW2002.

Hasegawa-EKA3-Skywarrior.jpg

Instructions and decals.

02-Inst-Decs.jpg

Options

02-Options.jpg

and parts

02-Parts.jpg

And boy is this a BIG model!

I've just found that 2 Skywarriors flew from Jeddah/King Abdul Aziz Airport, Saudi Arabia, during the Gulf War.

AND one of those appeared at Fairford IAT 1991,  which I saw and took a photo of.

• Like 13

As I mentioned in your other Skywarrior thread watch the port forward ECM Blister.

DSC03888-crop

The alignment is critical when you come to add the refuelling probe and mounting - I mounted the blister well before the probe and had problems as a result - you can just make out the slight mess I made with correcting it! I would suggest you either add the probe early on (and risk breaking it off perhaps) or leave the blister until later maybe.

Pete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tim, this is another very sleek aircraft, and I really like the grey/white scheme. It will be an interesting double build with your vacform one.

Ray

On 04/05/2021 at 18:47, theplasticsurgeon said:

I've just found that 2 Skywarriors flew from Jeddah/King Abdul Aziz Airport, Saudi Arabia, during the Gulf War.

AND one of those appeared at Fairford IAT 1991,  which I saw and took a photo of.

A good choice. The Skywarriors that flew in the Gulf were EA-3Bs from VQ-2. Also did some work on one these when I was at Wyton on 51 Sqn as they used to come across t see us once in a while from Rota. They usually sent one of their EP-3Es, but one time did send a EA-3B.

• Thanks 1

Even with the ECM lumps and bumps the Sky Warrior is still an attractive, elegant aeroplane.  Your nice sharp finish shows it off to good effect.

AW

• Thanks 1