BNA Model World in Aus

Julien

Are these guys reliable, they have some decals I want / need and they seem to be the cheapest place that will actually post to the UK

Thx

Julien

• Like 1

Julian, I can honestly say that this would have to be the 'go to' online website that most Australian Modellers use. 

I've been using them for over ten years and cannot recall anything going less than perfect. 

I'm sure they will handle International postage just as good as their Domesticated ones. 

Cheers and regards.. Dave  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Julian, I can honestly say that this would have to be the 'go to' online website that most Australian Modellers use. 

I've been using them for over ten years and cannot recall anything going less than perfect. 

I'm sure they will handle International postage just as good as their Domesticated ones. 

Cheers and regards.. Dave  

Thats good news Dave, Thanks

Great online store and I have found them totally reliable. The only problem I have with them is resisting adding more to my cart, as they have such an extensive range , oh and paying the card bill when it comes in !

• Like 3

I've dealt with them a few times, and have always found the service to be quick and efficient. They've delivered items to me here in France, quicker than a certain well known UK supplier.

John.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Want to get some PE from this company, when I put it in the cart it says 20% tax added, but the Australia equivalent tax is 10% gst

I have sent a message asking if they have collected the UK vat so I don't get hit when it arrives but no reply from them as yet

Just don't want to get hit twice for vat/gst, if there sending to the UK then there shouldn't be any Australian gst tax should there.

Haven't ordered as yet but putting in the cart and selecting UK for delivery gives me the total with postage including the 20% tax ?

Anyone used them recently in the UK

10 hours ago, colin said:

Want to get some PE from this company, when I put it in the cart it says 20% tax added, but the Australia equivalent tax is 10% gst

I have sent a message asking if they have collected the UK vat so I don't get hit when it arrives but no reply from them as yet

Just don't want to get hit twice for vat/gst, if there sending to the UK then there shouldn't be any Australian gst tax should there.

Haven't ordered as yet but putting in the cart and selecting UK for delivery gives me the total with postage including the 20% tax ?

Anyone used them recently in the UK

No, the Australian GST is for Australian customers ( 10% ), but since you are buying goods internationally the Aussie GST isn't added, but you are paying your applicable VAT for your region. Beware that Melbourne is in covid lockdown at the moment, so replies are taking longer at the moment unfortunately.

• Like 1

Not sure why BNA are charging VAT. I certainly don’t pay GST when I buy goods from the UK (VAT exempt). Although the exchange rate is pants, VAT free purchases are one reason why I still buy goods from the UK. 
Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 1

It's sort of chaged here since Brexit, vat is charged on everything that comes in, before if it came from the European market vat was excluded as you had already paid their vat from there.

Now the confusung bit, the UK government said as a retailer you could collect the vat for them and pass it on to HMRC and when it arrives here no vat to pay (don't know why they thought that would be a good idea as your doing their  job for them).

What I don't want is the parts to arrive here and then get hit again for 20% vat.

Looking at BNA it seems the 20% tax is only added if you select the UK as you postal address, just would like confirmation from them that this is the case, but still no reply after 2 days from contacting them

Well after 2 days and several emails (no replies) and even trying to just order it from them I beg to differ. The site will not go past the confirm to payment part.

Wonder if Covid has stopped them from international posting.

All in all not a very helpful business email wise anyway

Melbourne is in serious lockdown at the moment, with an after-hours curfew. The place has virtually come to a standstill, save for essential services (which hobby shops are not). That may be the source of your problem.

9 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Melbourne is in serious lockdown at the moment, with an after-hours curfew. The place has virtually come to a standstill, save for essential services (which hobby shops are not). That may be the source of your problem.

Could well be the problem, finally got a email back from Sivon, yes UK vat paid their end with you order, and managed first thing this morning to place an order, gave up last night after a couple of hours trying.

With everything back in lock down over their it may be their site is busy with Aus' orders at the moment at certain times