Gunslingers CAG - 1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18C

Just finished this one over the weekend, although it's far from perfect I quite enjoyed this build, especially the painting. This was my first serious attempt at a us navy aircraft, trying to replicate the worn appearance of carrier aircraft I approached the painting with some trepidation but I think I pulled it off!

Being a CAG bird they tend to be kept a bit cleaner so I didn't go over board with the weathering and tried to restrain myself although it was tempting to keep going with the pastels and oils!

As mentioned in the title this is the 1/48 Hasegawa kit. WIP Linky

AM bits used were;

Aires pit and exhausts

Royale resin wheels

Wolfpack designs wing-fold set

Brengun pylons

Eduard PE

Microscale VF-105 decals

Weapons were from the spares box, IIRC from kinetic and hasegawa and modified to represent us navy ordnance.

IMG_E1762

IMG_E1756

IMG_E1748

IMG_1702

IMG_E1747

IMG_1719

IMG_1706

IMG_1714

IMG_E1722

IMG_E1724

IMG_1701

IMG_E1697

IMG_E1767

IMG_E1766

I'm now in the process of building a deck scene to sit it on. For those interested, I'll keep you posted on my WIP thread.

All comments welcome!

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 44

What a stunner. The details are impeccable. Cockpit looks incredible, the ordnance with the ablative surfaces, weathering. Just superb.

• Like 1

That’s a lovely build. How did you replicate the front canopy shape where it joins the nose? Looks like the real thing!

Apologies, just noticed your Wip link. Love that kind of detail work, really makes the difference in my opinion. 

Dave 

Edited by David W
  • Like 1

First, I really like the weathering job you've done. Not overdone by any means and it definitely looks realistic. The cockpit is superb! The finished model demonstrates considerable skill used to get a magnificent result. Display most proudly.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,

Finally managed to get my mojo back and finish this one eventually! We had some nice weather on Saturday in the north east so I thought I'd take advantage of it and take some al fresco photo's.

Enjoy!

IMG_E2898

IMG_E2880

IMG_E2876

IMG_E2866

IMG_E2850

IMG_E2845

IMG_E2881

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Rich F
duplicate photo
  • Like 2