Mig-29 1/48 GWH kit correct

dov

Just to ask, if anybody can give me advise. If the kit is ok for building straight from the box. Or what is to correct? 

Engine I get from Resin. Etched parts I have. Metal landing gear too. Masks from NewWare.

Happy for any valid information.

Happy modelling

Overall great kit, some fit issues

Get a newer boxing, the first ones had too short pylons and wing tanks ( hardly fitted on the Fulcrum anyways, but still....

Which variantdo you want to build?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dov said:

C 9-13

SMT 9-19

All in Russian Service 

O want to choose!

The SMT has all new parts, fully ok, the first boxing  9.13 does not .Link.. ( the one I have of course ;)

Was reboxed in the meantime, so just make sure you get the updated boxart ;)

See also the kits history on scalemates :)

The only other point I want to add is that when I look at the sit of the GWH Fulcrum I have the impression that it stands "on its toes". I guess the landing gear was done according to a museum example with fully extended oleo struts as no liquids, fuel and equipment is present. 

Compare the "sit" of the kit and a real world example, and you can see that the Fulcrum should sit much lower to the ground than the kit portrays (see the position of the main wheel in relation to the bottom of the engine pod):

Cheers

Markus

Edited by Shorty84
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, exdraken said:

Get a newer boxing, the first ones had too short pylons and wing tanks ( hardly fitted on the Fulcrum anyways, but still....

May I tap into your knowledge and ask what boxings have this error? In my stash are L4811 late 9-12, S4811 RoKAF 9-13, L4814 early 9-12, S4809 MiG29AS, would be nice to know if there are issues before I build them.

As far as I know inly the first 2 boxing had it. The sprue were re-tooled, so I assume later boxing all share the upgraded content.

You can only go by box design, not number!

See e.g. Scalemates for this. ( link above)

If yours only the L4811 is a probable. Depending on the box style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hallo

Thank you all for the information.

My 9-13 is the old boxing.

Anyway I have SAC metall gear. This is the same as the kit provides.

This manufactorer of nozzles, seems to be good. Does anybody know it?

https://the48ers.com/mig-29-jet-nozzles.html

Today I am on my MIG-23 and 27 from Trumpeter with the new metal gear from Upwind.

https://the48ers.com/metal-parts-en/?features_hash=1-9318_5-12768

Happy modelling

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, exdraken said:

If yours only the L4811 is a probable. Depending on the box style.

I'll put them side-by-side to see if there are differences or not.

• Like 1

so, found the info without digging into the cellar stash:

concentrate on the sprues around the extended tanks

and here on the sprue with the pylons: (the R-73 pylon is part nr 5)

http://www.internetmodeler.com/scalemodels/flaviation/Great-Wall-Hobby-1-48-MiG-29-Fulcrum-9-12-Early-Type.php
http://www.internetmodeler.com/artman/uploads/3/IMG_2623.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I checked the tanks and pylons of my side-opening box of L4811 9-12 late and they are identical to the sprues of L4818 9-19. So I guess I am lucky, maybe the previous owner already had them replaced.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 2:19 PM, Shorty84 said:

The only other point I want to add is that when I look at the sit of the GWH Fulcrum I have the impression that it stands "on its toes". I guess the landing gear was done according to a museum example with fully extended oleo struts as no liquids, fuel and equipment is present. 

Compare the "sit" of the kit and a real world example, and you can see that the Fulcrum should sit much lower to the ground than the kit portrays (see the position of the main wheel in relation to the bottom of the engine pod):

Cheers

Markus

I wonder how much of the difference in the attitude of the nose seen in the 2 pictures is due to the real aircraft taxiing under power while the kit would have been measured while the aircraft was static? Some aircraft will sit more nose up when powered down than they do when taxiing, check out the Folland Gnat as an example.

Duncan B