"It's Life Jim, but not as we know it" It's the 453rd Museum's 1/32 P-51D Mustang by Revell.

20 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

In other news Covid has come knocking over the past day or so

I hope it goes away leaving you guys unscathed. It is a strange thing, though: back in March 2020, when the real virus outburst happened around here, I caught it; then my eldest daughter in a couple of day, immediately followed by my wife. We isolated the other two girls and they lived side by side for the following 15 days. Result: my youngest daughter caught it but without symptoms (we only found out months later because they had their blood tested), while my middle daughter didn't catch it at all, despite of direct contact.... :shrug: 

Back to happier matters, your Pony looks gorgeous! :worthy:  :clap: :clap: 

BTW, watch out for what @gingerbob says about the canopy, he's 100% right about the sliding canopy and how it sits when open. I did a quick search and apparently Tamiya and Eduard got that right (in 1/48th scale, at least) - I don't know about this big beast, though...

Take care

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/10/2021 at 22:57, Terry1954 said:

That looks awesome Johnny. So totally impressed with that finish.

Re the Covid visitation. Wishing the family well as soonest, and lets hope you can keep it at bay yourself. We have had similar occur within my wider family, with my daughter's partner proving positive, and getting a "bit unwell" for a while, yet their son, daughter and my own daughter, remained untouched, despite all living in very close proximity! The mysteries of Covid eh?

Stay well.

Terry

Thank you and thanks for the covid advice. They’re all feeling a bit gritty at the moment I’m only hoping I do t get it so I can look after them all.

On 03/10/2021 at 23:34, Flight Line Media said:

Awesome work, Johnny! 

Thank you. Too kind.

23 hours ago, hendie said:

I hope the covid issue doesn't become anything more than nuisance for you and family.

I've got to say that I have no real interest in Mustangs - they just don't do it for me, but this has been a fascinating build to follow, and looking at the result,  I think this is one of your best builds, definitely in the top 3

Thank you. She is a lovely bird but I know what you mean. I’m not a big fan either. Always wanted to build one mind and she was quite fun. 😀

21 hours ago, opus999 said:

Beautiful work so far.  Those lights really add to the realism and the drop tanks look good 'n' dirty! :D 

I agree with @hendie:  I hope covid is only a nuisance for you folks. 

Thank you.

17 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Johnny likewise on CV-19 in the home - best wishes to you all for a rapid recovery.

Great to hear, and yes you will.

Beautiful visuals on paint and tone here. 👏

Thanks. 🤞🤞🤞🤞 I do love my paint. 😇

16 hours ago, Hamden said:

Here's hoping your family quickly recovers from Covid and you manage to stay clear of it.

Absolutely stunning Mustang in the right setting could be mistaken for a 1:1

Stay safe      Roger

Thanks. I doubt if I’ll get any outside shots though judging by the rain beating at my window. 😨

15 hours ago, gingerbob said:

I'm quite ready to be corrected, but I don't think ETO Mustangs had a wire fitted.  I know that this has been discussed (not necessarily on BM) several times...

Based on one of the photos above, remember that when open the canopy "lays on" the fuselage, it doesn't follow the bottom line "straight back".  You probably knew that, but it is a common oopsie, and sometimes some adjustment to the parts is necessary to make it sit correctly.

I'll join the others by saying that I hope the Covid thing passes easily for your family.

bob

p.s. Yes, that's the landing lamp sticking out of the wheel well.

Thanks Bob. Regarding the canopy I’m not quite sure what I’m needing to do to it but I’m reluctant to start chipping away at her now so I might just leave as is. You’re right about the wire too. I looked at the 1:1 version and no wire. 😀

13 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Spad,

First of all, I hope that the dirty bug will spare you and your family !

Isolation when living in the same house is not an easy task, we'll get through this last year.

Do not worry too much about the tests, they are not reliable at all, 40% is a poor result indeed...

SWMBO was sick as hell last year, she has been tested 3 times and she has a negative result.....

Only the blood testing is reliable in fact...

Really great Mustang my friend, no antenna wire to me...

can't wait to see the RFI

3 WiP on the bench ??? What's to worry about ??

Serial starter you will be my young padawan... :penguin:

May the serial starter force be with you....

CC with large green ears....

Ha! Thanks CC. No WIPs on the bench. Well maybe that hind, but I’ll save that for winter time. Just the RFIs. Maybe that could be my thing. Serial RFI avoider. 🤣

12 hours ago, Quiet Mike said:

This build is looking amazing Johnny! I've loved following along, especially as my own workbench has been neglected this summer.

Hope the family get through Covid OK.

I've seen your kit stash, you'll be fine 👍 😉

Thank you. ❤️

11 hours ago, 81-er said:

That's a stunning model Johnny, truly a build to be proud of.

I hope you manage to avoid the plague and that the family all recover quickly.

James

Thanks. 🙌

11 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

If you have a working knowledge of Max you own 3D printing. The hard part will be deciding on what to build first! This from someone from that OTHER 3D Anim camp.. LW😜

Dick van dike is a big fan of light wave. 🧐

11 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Excellent job on the Pony before I forget and wander off into La-la land.  On a P-51D Build I did a few months back II added the antenna wire thru the canopy . But here is a chat on what P-51 sub-types did use antenna wire.

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/p51-d-antenna-wire.18345/page-2

Hope it helps.

Thank you. It really does. 🙌

9 hours ago, Coors54 said:

51546210787_ebdfdb26ae_b.jpg

Great work Johnny, I also note you are a drinker of fine English wines (from a neighbour of mine).

Dave

We were camping just down the road a month ago. Rude not to pop in. 😇

8 hours ago, giemme said:

I hope it goes away leaving you guys unscathed. It is a strange thing, though: back in March 2020, when the real virus outburst happened around here, I caught it; then my eldest daughter in a couple of day, immediately followed by my wife. We isolated the other two girls and they lived side by side for the following 15 days. Result: my youngest daughter caught it but without symptoms (we only found out months later because they had their blood tested), while my middle daughter didn't catch it at all, despite of direct contact.... :shrug: 

Back to happier matters, your Pony looks gorgeous! :worthy:  :clap: :clap: 

BTW, watch out for what @gingerbob says about the canopy, he's 100% right about the sliding canopy and how it sits when open. I did a quick search and apparently Tamiya and Eduard got that right (in 1/48th scale, at least) - I don't know about this big beast, though...

Take care

I’m glad you made it through the covid. My lot are very up and down at the moment so it’s a tough one. Fingers crossed it’ll pass. As for the canopy I’m not 100% sure what I can do to fix the canopy or even if I need to. It sits on the fuselage and looks like pics I e seen but if i need to start Sanding away I think it’s a bit too far this time.  

any hoo time for bed. We’ll time for sofa. 🤪😉

night night you lot. 

Johnny

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Dick van dike is a big fan of light wave. 🧐

That came from his using Newtek's  Video Toaster system, same with Wil Wheaton(Wesley Crusher) Both are great fans of Newtek and their programs

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Johnny—just catching up—I hope you and the fam are doing better—the P-51 looks gorgeous—the modulation on the finish is amazing—hope all is well—if u are behind on RFI’s then I must say you are far ahead of me on build posts—hope this finds you and the fam in good health—best, Erwin 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...