***finished***Blue Angels Hornet

PhantomBigStu

Whilst I wait for my 747 situation to resolve itself, I’ve got another far simpler entry, hobbyboss f-18, on sale on eBay missing some pylons and the decals but perfect for this as I have the decals already.

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Starting to doubt this one, nose gear bay is a nightmare just can’t get it to blend in the up position. See what can be done over the weekend before I admit defeat.  

edit: heres the problem, area of concern right next to a vent 

51346010240_9530e1cc48_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

The gear door might be slightly harder than the plastic on the fuselage, resulting in you sanding more of the fuselage than the door to always create the step. Just a thought.

On 7/30/2021 at 2:10 PM, Brad said:

The gear door might be slightly harder than the plastic on the fuselage, resulting in you sanding more of the fuselage than the door to always create the step. Just a thought.

Good thought, though think it was a case of their being plenty of room in the gear bay for the filler to fall into, anyway ironically having posted that the next sanding session proved a charm. Just waiting on the white intake paint to dry fully before repainting the blue.  Edit: seam under one of the wing vortex’s put up a fight but underside is now done 

51348146636_61005b73a6_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Looking pretty definite this won’t make Sunday’s deadline now. Canopy was all sorted but the blue is noticeably lighter on the front end. Unless my local has a pot of revell 350 (which im 95% sure they were out of last time I visited). Defeat in the jaws of victory 

edit:11:03am on saturday, here's a pic, but I'm off on longshot mission for the paint after a bite to eat, and Ill check my other blues see if they look ok vs pics later as well. 

51363147489_739c274a53_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***finished***Blue Angels Hornet