Khee Kha Cessna 180s and 185s

Outstanding builds, yes Lars' kits are excellent, and he is a GREAT guy to deal with , and a good friend.... love what you did with these kits Harry..... the float plane is perfect

Jeff

• Like 1

lol... a few more Mount Cook   :). I kept CKP for myself!

I have actually met Lars in person, we passed through Wasilla, Alaska (north of Anchorage) back in June 2018.  He's a very nice guy and a very interesting fellow to talk to. A real aviation enthusiast in one of the more fascinating aviation locations in the world

50092920201_72808b0dc0_h.jpg

50092920521_061a7fd854_h.jpgcessnas by Harry Follas, on Flickr

Edited by follasha
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Superb work on those Harry, the Mt Cook ones especially. I might have to see if Lars to add a couple to his run for you & try one myself. I take it the decals are yours?

Steve.

• Like 1

I'm hugely impressed by all those builds!

They're fantastic!

:clap2::clap2:

Inspired by your work, I think I may look into acquiring one or more examples of this "kit".

Mind you, the prospect of a KP release (?) is also mouthwatering. 

• Like 1

Wow, they are really lovely and I am glad I put my 180 in the stash before you snaffled the remaining world supply!!

Such a great variety of schemes all beautifully done - well done and I presume you have your own decal-printing firm? 

Hoping to do mine as an RAAF hedge-hopper.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a mention of  that on the "Cessna 180 & 185 in New Zealand" Facebook page just recently. It was a fairly historic aircraft, no.17 Cessna 185 off the production line too! 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/125154416/light-aircraft-destroyed-by-fire-at-rural-nelson-airfield?fbclid=IwAR11d1pT5uUdsftBiegtQY8UA0g8VWo2z8AR_k_k8Mmw0018o5faQtvq4RA

Edited by follasha
  • Like 1

Such a stunning collection! How did you come about the markings decals? I take it the Mount Cook ones are by Old model decals ?  I have just the old Monogram 1/41st kit modelled as a Mount Cook example. Beautiful builds and please try to leave some of those KP kits for us thanks!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Paul J said:

Such a stunning collection! How did you come about the markings decals? I take it the Mount Cook ones are by Old model decals ?  I have just the old Monogram 1/41st kit modelled as a Mount Cook example. Beautiful builds and please try to leave some of those KP kits for us thanks!

Nope, I only do my own decals...have never really been a fan of Oldmodel decals, hence why I started doing my own about a decade ago :). The decals require an eye for detail and trial fitting new schemes printed on paper first prior to committing to decal film :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1