Nimrod Roundels Op Granby 1991

I am finishing a Nimrod for the Gulf War GB (XV244) and am struggling to ascertain whether they still had underwing roundels applied at that time or not (and the underwing serial). Does anyone have a definitive answer on this?

Many thanks,

Dave

I have found a picture of a 51 Sqn aircraft showing the undersides. I know it is not the aircraft that you are making, but it might give a bit if a clue. It does not have any Serial Nos and has the smaller type of roundel on both wings. I will look through other books that I have to see if I can find anything else.

I had a look through most of my Nimrod/Gulf books last night and unfortunately I could not find any showing the undersides fully. The main concentrate on of the photos seemed to be of the nose art. I will carry on looking though.

Hello Dave,

have you seen this?

https://boxartden.com/reference/gallery/index.php/Historical-Library/Royal-Air-Force/RAF-Yearbook-1991-Special---Gulf-War/Royal-Air-Force-Yearbook-Special-Air-War-in-the-Gulf_Page_47-960

Look at the wing (just above the third guy from the right); to my eye it looks like there is something lighter than the wing surface. Unfortunately this is the best photo in this yearbook.

Cheers,

Antti

If it is not too late, I got some new interestning info on Nimrods in Gulf regarding the towed radar decoy and RWRs. Let me know if it is still fixable for you. I will look up for the underside pictures or could ask on FB group, those guys are amazing there.

Jakub