Harrier GR.1 Revell 1:32

This was just meant to be a cheap fill in whilst waiting for the Mi-17 to arrive but actually was quite a nice build in the end. The fit of some parts was as you would expect from a 1982(or possibly earlier, Scalemates say 1972!) model whereby it fitted where it touched! But other bits went together nicely. Detail is a bit sparse and there are lots of inaccuracies for an in-service aircraft but if you look past that then for 30€ you can't really complain.

The decals were OK but the large roundels on the intakes had to be sliced into sections to get them to mould to the shape even with Micro-wotsit...

I added a few details here and there, most of which can't be seen(!) but it was good practice. I must say I'm quite taken with this bigger scale but it does take up a lot of shelf space!

Here's the WIP...

Most of these pics were taken before I added the matt clear coat, but the ones I took after are even worse quality than these😜 Oh, and I was going to add the anemometer thingy in front of the canopy...but I broke it getting it off the sprue😬

12(3).jpg

7(4).jpg

8(3).jpg

4(4).jpg

2(4).jpg

1(4).jpg

5(4).jpg

h3.jpg

h9.jpg

h8.jpg

h2.jpg

Edited by 621Andy
  • Like 25

Brilliant! Lovely looking giant Harrier, superb!

When we get a bigger house I’m determined to have a collection of 1/32 RAF jets. If only there was a Lightning and Bucc in this scale. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

For a weekend 'quickie' it has turned out rather nicely. One for near the front of the display shelf!

it IS the display shelf🤣

12 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Great job. Looks like the old girl builds very well in skilled hands!

Skilled??!! And they say the camera never lies🤔🤓

• Haha 3

Looks excellent in that wraparound scheme, great rehab job and looked like you really enjoyed the build. Amazing what you can achieve with some ingenuity and a positive approach 👏👏👏

• Like 1