DYNAVECTOR 1/48 SUPERMARINE SCIMITAR F1

That is gorgeous mate and well done for going the extra mile with the wing fold too,..... this is just how I`d like to display a Scimitar but I bottled it and left the wings extended on mine.

Still a great kit,.... Dynavector made vacuforms so much easier than they had been.

Cheers

Tony 

• Thanks 1

What a lovely result - as others have said you've gone the extra mile and it shows.

It's also so refreshing to see such restrained and realistic weathering - no 'in your face' panel lines or ridiculous shading 'effects' - just in-scale streaks/leaks and grime which really adds to the overall effect - bravo! 

Tom

• Thanks 1

Lovely job!  I built this kit several years ago & it didn't look a 10th as good as yours!  I wish Airfix would consider this in 1/48!  Alright the real thing was a bit of a dog but at least it was good looking!…….

• Thanks 1

That's one to be proud of. You've built an exceptional replica - and from a vacuform kit to boot. Me and vacuforms don't get along for some reason. I've never successfully built an entire vac kit, so I am quite envious of your skills. Great job!    👍

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tomprobert said:

What a lovely result - as others have said you've gone the extra mile and it shows.

It's also so refreshing to see such restrained and realistic weathering - no 'in your face' panel lines or ridiculous shading 'effects' - just in-scale streaks/leaks and grime which really adds to the overall effect - bravo! 

Tom

Thanks Tom much appreciated 

7 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

That's one to be proud of. You've built an exceptional replica - and from a vacuform kit to boot. Me and vacuforms don't get along for some reason. I've never successfully built an entire vac kit, so I am quite envious of your skills. Great job!    👍

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill for the comments - I'm a long term admirer of your work

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Love the extra details you've added like the wing-folds and the deck equipment :yes:

Thanks Mike - your build on BM was one of the first Dynavector Scimitars I had seen & admired - then Martian's vac form Horsley "how to" got me motivated to have a go.

• Thanks 1

Stunning, absolutely stunning. I have one of these to build, hopefully as the example at Yeovilton. Now I have both yours and Mike's excellent builds to draw on.

Cheers,

WV908

• Thanks 1

I thought it might be of interest to compare the jump in size from the Seahawk around 16,200 loaded to the Scimitar 34,200lb loaded providing challenges to operating the Scimitar from the smaller carriers HMS CENTAUR & HERMES

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG-1899.jpg

CJP

Edited by CJP
text
  • Like 4