My latest completion which spent the best part of a year on the shelf of doom after I had a disaster at the painting stage, the AMK 1/72 IAI Kfir with the AML Kfir RC2 Tsnuit Camera nose conversion, designed for the Italeri and Hasegawa kits it fitted the AMK kit with no problems.

51152413707_1f0d7b53e6_5k.jpgIAI Kfir RC2 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

51153319228_65ea3db8a0_5k.jpgIAI Kfir RC2 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

51152413952_26316cc8b0_5k.jpgIAI Kfir RC2 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

51153319613_aa7b70aba9_5k.jpgIAI Kfir RC2 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

• Like 19

40 minutes ago, drake122 said:

That looks very nice!

What is the verdict on the AML upgrade kit though? 

Pictures available on the internet look like very low quality resin with no detail at all...

The AML Conversion includes the cable ducts on the underside of the nose which fit well on the AMK kit, the RWR antennas for the underside of the nose which are

just resin blobs the camera nose consists of the main tubular section and a nose with the camera port with two parts for the camera, I think the area around the camera nose needs a bit more definition after comparing it with the very few pictures I could find, a pitot is included but is next to useless, I used the kit one. The decals provided are good but they provide decals for three aircraft but only a placement guide for one and pictures of the RC2 are rare and I could find nothing on the other aircraft so used the guide provided. Overall it has its niggles it reminds me of resin accessories from about 10 years ago and I'm sure a modeller with better skills than me could make a really good job with it. I'm glad I used it and it does stand out amongst my other Mirages and Kfirs in the dispaly cabinet.

• Like 1