Yellow

Paws4thot

As I now observe people are saying instead of "hello". 😉 No idea why, so don't ask me!

Anyway, I'm from Scotland, build most stuff sometimes, have an annoying good memory but fall short of eidetic. I don't own a digital camera so asking me for photos is a waste of your time and everyone's bandwidth, OK. What I will try to do is provide a mixture of experience, text reviews and intended humour.

• Like 1

Greetings from Western Canada.

I'm a descendant, on my mother's side, from one of those unruly Border Clans of Scotland. I originally come from New Scotland ( Nova Scotia )

Chris

14 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Border Clans of Scotland.

Yo. I'm not sure off-hand if I have any relatives from the Borders; Hebrides, Central Belt and Kintyre all yes. We may have something in common anyway; family legend says that a maternal side great-great-grandfather left Tiree for Barra one step ahead of the Exciseman, and was privately welcomed to Barra by the MacNeil of the day.

• Like 1

Sometime about 1760, after The Battle of Culloden and the Expulsion of the Acadians in Eastern Canada, my mother's ancestors arrived in our part of Nova Scotia. Whether or not their arrival was voluntary, I have no idea.

Chris

It might have been voluntary, or it might have been part of the first phase of the Highland Clearances, or it might even have been that your ancestors were transported for their part in the 1745 Jacobite rebellion. Without knowing the family name, and where they were from, it's just speculation.

• 4 months later...