Cruiser Tank MK. I A9/A9CS Bronco Models 1/35

Here is something British specifically, Mk. I A 9CS built from a Bronco Models kit. Used HATAKA ucolour set , base is  made from  polystyrene and prayer clay.

HATAKA-063.jpg

A9-Mk-I-CS-6-002.jpg

A9-Mk-I-CS-6-006.jpg

A9-Mk-I-CS-6-011.jpg

A9-Mk-I-CS-6-014.jpg

A9-Mk-I-CS-6-018.jpg

A9-Mk-I-CS-6-022.jpg

Edited by Milan Mynar
  • Like 31

Very nicely done.  I have one of these to do, although the Bronco version. Can't make my mind up whether to do desert or BEF, 2pdr or 3".

One thing, though.  British tanks of that era were not spray-camouflaged: they were brush-painted with hard edges.  And the Pyrene fire extinguishers were unpainted brass with a prominent label.  OK, that's 2 things.......  And the hand tools were not over-painted in the camouflage colours.  All right, 3 things....

It must have been awfully cramped in the front of an A9 with the driver sandwiched between the 2 gunners.  And with only a 150 BHP bus engine to propel this "cruiser" around the performance was sedate rather than sparlking.

• Like 1

Very nice Milan.

I haven't seen many of these finished, including my own. I love these early British tanks and now I have seen yours I think I really must get mine past the finishing post.

Wayne

Nice. Like the base as well. Currently working on a Bronco A10, so the following is very helpful information 🙂

On 5/3/2021 at 11:01 AM, Das Abteilung said:

And the Pyrene fire extinguishers were unpainted brass with a prominent label. 

On the recommendation of a colleague, Das Abteilung, I repainted the fire extinguishers. I hope that a colleague will share his knowledge when I´II build  another model of British vehicle . For example, Bedford QL Refueller, which came to me yesterday.

A9-MK-ICS-7-001.jpg

A9-MK-ICS-7-005.jpg

• Like 5

Pyrene extinguisher.  They were shinier when new.  This one is 80 years old, on Bovington's A10.  The ones on the A10 model will be the same.  Caunter scheme on the A10 looks good too.  Hard to do well on odd shapes.  Fender tools will be painted black.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I meant particularly the 2 track adjustment tools on the left fenders of both A9 and A10, in front and behind the stowage box.  These would be black.  The pick head and shovel metal parts would probably have been painted black too rather than bare metal. Bare metal would have needed regular oiling to keep rust at bay

• Like 1