1957 Chevrolet 2d sedan

vppelt68

The approaching (Ford) Mustang STGB got me taking a peek at another car kit in my possession. Sure, I should be finishing the Gulf War F-15C instead of this, but (and there's always the but) in no time I found myself removing the body side trim completely and making other small modifications here and there. Then it occurred to me (as I don't usually build outside group builds) that this might still make it to the Unarmed GB, how about it our dear hosts?

2021-05-02_07-22-06

No kit parts have yet been glued together or painted. My plan is to build her as a retro/resto street car, with a minimalist look but with one or two custom and street racing treats too. V-P

• Like 8

Body, chassis and interior components are waiting to be carried to the paint shop (outdoors, rattle can jobs) but I´ll have to fix the hood first. I filled the "gun sight" holes but they need more sanding. V-P

2021-05-05_12-40-50

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

What colour will you be going for on the body?

As most of my paint stuff are for aeroplanes, the main body will be Tamiya AS-5 Luftwaffe Licht Blau (RLM 76) and the roof TS-63 NATO Black :rofl2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

As most of my paint stuff are for aeroplanes, the main body will be Tamiya AS-5 Luftwaffe Licht Blau (RLM 76) and the roof TS-63 NATO Black :rofl2:

Pretty good combo though, I think 🙂 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Nothing wrong with that!  I used Duck Egg Blue on a Skyline I was building.  :whistle:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Not sure about the two tone paint job anymore, as the all-RLM 76 looks surprisingly nice too :hmmm:

I couldn't let that thought gain any ground!

IMG_20210518_195843

IMG_20210518_195903

No turning back to single colour anymore!

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, TimJ said:

Nice colour combo. What colour are you thinking of for the interior?

Actually, it´s already done but my phone, Google Pics and Flickr refuse to play together atm :angry:. Real black floor, NATO black bench, door panels and instrument panel upper lip, RLM 76 lower half.

EDIT: A phone reboot helped, of course!

2021-05-19_01-09-36

• Like 7