Aoshima 1/24 Nissan Fairlady Z

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Another good looking build Andy!

K

Cheers Keith i think the decals will make all the difference to the overall look mate. Its a bit plain Jane for my liking atm but hopefully that will change soon 🙂 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Blooming nice looking model Andy.👍

Thanks Stef I'm happy with the results so far but it desperately needs the decals adding imo to bring it all together 🙂👍

• Like 1

So again not much bench time today unfortunately but I've managed to add a few of the many decals and already I think the build looks much better. Still more decals and further details to add but I'm hoping to get this one finished soon as I have the next build arriving tomorrow and I'm itching to get it started. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's where thing's stand atm hopefully more progress tomorrow. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 6

Coming together nicely and quickly. I've seen a few builds of this online as I was looking them up as I have the same kit and ask myself the same question - are those front wheels needing a wider track under those wide arches?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, galaxyg said:

Coming together nicely and quickly. I've seen a few builds of this online as I was looking them up as I have the same kit and ask myself the same question - are those front wheels needing a wider track under those wide arches?

They are meant to sit inside the arches and tbh I like the way they look 🙂👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

Can't say I really like the bodykit, but it's another cracking build emerging from your bench Andy! 👍

Keith

Thanks Keith and yes certainly the rear end of this car is no masterpiece but overall I quite like this car 🙂👍

• Like 1

And so the Fairlady Z is finished 🙂

spacer.png

More pics to follow shortly in the rfi section. Thanks to everyone who followed along and commented on the build much appreciated 🙂👍

• Like 4

I knew I had no chance to finish mine the same time as you Andy - did start this morning with the intention of doing so today when my son asked if we'd look after the granddaughter for an hour - she arrived 4 hours ago....!! 🤣

Anyway, another cracking build, looks really good even if it wouldn't be my choice of car (as a model or in real life! :)  )

Keith

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I knew I had no chance to finish mine the same time as you Andy - did start this morning with the intention of doing so today when my son asked if we'd look after the granddaughter for an hour - she arrived 4 hours ago....!! 🤣

Anyway, another cracking build, looks really good even if it wouldn't be my choice of car (as a model or in real life! :)  )

Keith

Thanks Keith it's a shame you couldn't finish your build today but I'm sure it won't be long before it's done 👍

• Like 1