Boeing 737-700/C-40B, Zvezda 1:144

I fancied a quick build between projects, and completed this Zvezda C-40B.

This was the second Zvezda kit that I've ever built, and I was really impressed with it.  It comes with split scimitar winglets for the airliner version.

The plastic is quite soft, and the wings bend easily towards the tips, even after both halves of the wings are cemented together, but it's a highly-detailed kit.

I found masking around the curves quite tricky, but some of the bleed from the tape was covered by the gold strip.

The decals around the flight deck window frames are a fraction too large, and the cabin window frame decals don't exactly align with all of the windows.

But, it's quite a striking colour scheme, and looks ok from a distance.

IMG_4019

IMG_4020

IMG_4021

IMG_4015

IMG_4016

IMG_4022

• Like 27

2 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Lovely model in a very smart scheme. Looks great with her civvie cousin!

And I completely agree!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, neilg said:

I fancied a quick build between projects, and completed this Zvezda C-40B.

Hi Neil....

Really? How does one "fancy a quick build?" I simply cannot imagine....but your'"fancy" has led to another fine build. Looks great! I have one of these kits, as well as several other Zvezda kits in my stash, but have yet to build ANY of them. Looking forward to my first experience with a Zvezda kit...you echo most sentiments about them. Inspiring my "fancy" to get busy!!

Nice job!

Paul

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Hi Neil....

Really? How does one "fancy a quick build?" I simply cannot imagine....but your'"fancy" has led to another fine build. Looks great! I have one of these kits, as well as several other Zvezda kits in my stash, but have yet to build ANY of them. Looking forward to my first experience with a Zvezda kit...you echo most sentiments about them. Inspiring my "fancy" to get busy!!

Nice job!

Paul

I used to have a coworker from Houston, and I asked her if she fancied going for lunch.  She laughed and said she only heard "fancy" for things like "that's a fancy hat".

Until then, I never realized how much I used it:  I really fancy some chocolate, I really fancy a nap, I don't fancy going on holiday right now...

This kit was great, and it was a quick build - no fit issues, filler only really needed around the flight deck windows transparency, and just a few wheels to paint.  And we had good weather, so I was able to use the spray paints outside.  During the winter, when it's wet and windy, there's no chance I can spray outside, so even a small model can take weeks to complete while I'm waiting for good weather.  I have an airbrush, but I really don't enjoy disassembling and cleaning it, and changing colours is a faff.

Will you build yours as a C-40 or use it as a civil airframe?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, neilg said:

I have an airbrush, but I really don't enjoy disassembling and cleaning it, and changing colours is a faff.

Will you build yours as a C-40 or use it as a civil airframe?

I would fancy some knowledge as to what a “faff” might be......? 

Planning to build mine as a BBJ...improvised paint scheme and details. I see the Boeing Business Jet very often in the places I fly...they “fancy” from the beautiful to the outrageous. Mine will be quite conservative, probably in black and silver with some red trim. 

Enjoying my new language lessons! 

• Like 1

Another beautiful build.

The masing may be tricky but you did a neat job with it.

I have a couple of the 737-700 in my stash,the -700 is one of my faves of the 737 family.

Looking forward to get them on my production line someday...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

I would fancy some knowledge as to what a “faff” might be......? 

Planning to build mine as a BBJ...improvised paint scheme and details. I see the Boeing Business Jet very often in the places I fly...they “fancy” from the beautiful to the outrageous. Mine will be quite conservative, probably in black and silver with some red trim. 

Enjoying my new language lessons! 

A faff is a nuisance, or faff around is to do things in a disorganized way.

The BBJ will look good!  With split scimitar winglets?

3 hours ago, neilg said:

A faff is a nuisance, or faff around is to do things in a disorganized way.

The BBJ will look good!  With split scimitar winglets?

I will most assuredly include “faff” in my everyday conversation....brilliant. Thank you. 

Oh absolutely...split scimitar winglets for sure! Just don’t know when I’ll get it built. Since finishing the 727s, I’m taking a little break...studying and thinking of what’s next....

18 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nicely done.  That appears to be a wickedly complicated color scheme to mask!

Thanks, I didn't quite get it right symmetrically between left and right - on the right side, the blue goes too high up.

The gold cheatline is supposed to be interrupted by the wings, but I didn't get the level right.  But from underneath, no-one can tell!