BLACKBURN FIREBRAND TF 5

Well done Man !! 

Impressive work, I really love these beast and you make her justice !!

Congratulations !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CJP said:

A very nice and interesting model - wonder if we will ever see an injection moulded kit of the Firebrand.

CJP

- I'm afraid no, as this splendid machine has got very few fame except being a dog of a plane in peace time

4 hours ago, CJP said:

A very nice and interesting model - wonder if we will ever see an injection moulded kit of the Firebrand.

CJP

Clear Prop announced they were releasing one in 2020 but I guess delayed?

Mike

• Like 1

That is a fantastic model.  Great weathering and an interesting scheme.  It just shows that a good model can be built from a Magna kit. 

• Thanks 1

Love the Firebrand, it's so big and brutish. You really built a gem from the Magna kit and painted it masterfully. How was the Magna kit to build?

I can only second the wish for an injection moulded kit (in the end, more obscure subjects have been kitted so why not?).

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 10:48 PM, Gary Brantley said:

Great work sir!  :clap2: I love how you've weathered this plane.  

To my eyes, there's a slight resemblance to the F4U-Corsair.   😀

- It's true, a long nose, cockpit at the rear, prominent fin, it could be a cousin minus cranked wings- Some version of the Goodyear FG-2

15 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Love the Firebrand, it's so big and brutish. You really built a gem from the Magna kit and painted it masterfully. How was the Magna kit to build?

I can only second the wish for an injection moulded kit (in the end, more obscure subjects have been kitted so why not?).

Cheers

Markus

- Like every kit, this one has its flows, I remember having created some kind of spar just behind the wheels wells to augment wing cord too short by almost 5m/m. some work to do around the leading edges intakes and repalcing the guns and fairing. It was a resin kit rather easy to built with the problems of these kind of models of the time but it is reasonnably feasible

• Like 1

- About wing chord, I may have mistaken with another model. I built this one about ten years ago during which time I built dozen of models that explain this confusion.😳 😧