Airfix !/600 Arethusa ikara conversion

Finally finished conversion,not sure if i improved on the gun (4.5) version which came first, PE came from atlantic models and extras from Bogies bits .Advice from forum members was very helpful.hope i can attach photos now, taken with my phone so not the best .

Cheers Brian.

20210312_184253 20210312_184224

20210312_184224 20210312_184030 20210312_183950 20210312_183822 20210312_183750

• Like 18

Gidday Brian, I did the turret version of this (HMS Leander kit) model about forty-odd years ago. Actually I still have it, minus the entire superstructure. I was toying with the idea of trying to convert the model to HMS Leopard sometime in the future. I have another in the Falkland Is set that I wish to convert to HMAS Swan DE-50. My original was done OOB and neither that or any new builds of it will match yours, with the PE, rigging etc. This is very well done. Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

Greetings Sir

Thanks for comments, I think the oz Leanders , DE,s had the ikara in a different position,Mate of mine was in Derwent, so i,ll ask him.I,ve started on a1/700 Rodney but the weapon fit for the period it had a walrus is confusing! making the 1/700 walrus was interesting!@#$, Be lucky.

Cheers Brian.

Edited by Brian Derbyshire

2 hours ago, Brian Derbyshire said:

I think the oz Leanders , DE,s had the ikara in a different position,

Gidday, I've just seen an image of HMAS Derwent. She appears to have an Ikara launcher on the quarterdeck, stbd side. Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1