Heinkel He111H-8 Interior Colours

fishplanebeer

Prior to starting this conversion project I just need to confirm the correct colours to be used for the interior parts please for an aircraft in the summer of 1941.

I've found a previous thread on He111 interior colours but there was no clear confirmation or consensus regarding the cockpit colour with a variety of shades of grey being put forward as being correct. As such I'm assuming that the cockpit would be RLM66 not RLM02, and the instrument panels are in black with the nose gunners extendable flat position being tan/leather on top.

I'm also assuming that the fuselage interior behind the cockpit (including the bomb bay and dorsal gun position) should be 02 along with the wheel wells but I would like to know how accurate or wrong my assumptions are before I start putting paint to plastic.

Regards

Colin.

For the date and model I'd go with RLM 66 for the cockpit and RLM 02 for the rest of the interior.  Gear bays etc will also be RLM02.  Instrument panels were generally grey (see below)  Instruments themselves were black with the bezels following the usual Luftwaffe standard format.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1