Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-9 colour

I would guess it would have to be one of the late-war greens, but the colour on that profile looks a bit lurid to match any of them, tbh

• Like 1

Hi Giampiero

Well, I've looked in Smith & Creeks 3 volume set on the Fw190, Ketley & Thomas' book on KG200 and War Prizes by Phil Butler and the consensus is that no operational missions were flown by KG200 with BT torpedo-bombs. Smith & Creek conclude that a 'few' BT bombs may have been delivered to KG200 in 1945, but that no operational missions were flown. However Aders states that III/KG200 had '24 serviceable BT carriers on strength' in April 1945. But did they have the BT bombs? 

The Monogram Close-Up on the FW190F  has a few interesting pictures - this captured example was reportedly on the strength of III/KG200

IMG_4705

this shows the style of codes carried by KG200 Fws

IMG_4706

and finally, of atrocious quality but does show a BT bomb being carried in flight

IMG_4707

All pics from Aders G (1986) Monogram Close-Up 8 - Fw190F Monogram Publications, Boylston Mass

Sadly it seems your profile cannot be supported by photographic evidence. The colours in the profile seem very strange, the coding system (with a plain '6') doesn't match other pictures of operational Fw190s from KG200, and the date seems too early as well.  I would be guessing at the colours of A3+LV above, but would, if pushed, opt for 74/75/76 because of the older style of fuselage Balkenkreuz.  Some drawings in the Close-Up show the wider Ta152 style tail fitted to these aircraft - not sure the pictures support that, but it makes sense given the frontal area of the bombs being carried.

HTH

SD

• Like 1