DFS230 and fallschirmjager diorama

A few shots of something I just completed. The diorama represents a glider which has just landed (heavily) next to Tavronitis Bridge on the morning of 20 May, 1941 during the start of the invasion of Crete. It is Bronco's 1/35 DFS. Nice interior but I added a battery and various pipes and cables which are difficult to notice, I did a cutaway of one side to show the nice frame. Capacity 10 including pilot, so there are 10 various modified and unmodified Dragon figures from different sets plus Hornet heads. More pictures of glider and figures in relevant Ready for Inspections.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

4a0e4189655b2062ca0d0fe1eca0fc8d.jpg

spacer.png

Edited by nimrod484
  • Like 21

This is fantastic. I really like the ground work, the figures are really well  painted and especially like the cut away to see the inside....I'd like to do some fallschrimjager in the future...on the long term plan to do anyway. 

That really is a very impressive scene! You have really captured the atmosphere with beautiful modelling and superb presentation. Top notch modelling all round. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Wow, beautiful diorama, highly inspiring. Top notch modelling and presentation. You've captured a mood as well with the composition of the scene. Great work,

Cheers,

Ernst.