Regarding the Weapons Sprue on Eduard MiG-21MF in 1/72 scale

RAGATIGER

Hi there

During this week I received a package from Hannants that indluded an Eduard MiG-21MF Weekend Edition and I realized some things 1 it was a bad buy as what I really need was a Profipack then I was some sort of consoled as there also included emgraved or detailed parts for the cockpit

Then when I was looking the weapons sprue I thought that maybe the takeoff assist rockets can be used in an Yak or in an Il-28

I really appreciate the wide selection of weapons as some of them its the first time that I have in plastic inyected form, some of them sadly only include as single pair as the Air to Air missiles but there for the rocket pods maybe I'll be buying some resin replacements

Also there is a multiple bomb rack I think but not included on the instructions

Regards

Armando

Yes RidgeRunner

After all the previously mention the Fighter Bomber (but at least now I understand whats the difference (mainly some panels on the fuselage and wings) on the models only the fuselage/wings sprue are different the weapons sprue is the same

I was looking and find out that there is no practical detail on 4+Publications books for Early and Late MiG-21, but the bomb rack appear on MiG-23 book

Regards

Armando

0 th

Yes, the Eduard 1/72nd weapons sprue is weird in that only one of each of certain items are included (UB-32, MBD-2-67). 

The only boxings in which the instructions for these are provided, are two-in-one releases like the dual Royal Class edition. 

Furthermore, I felt slightly disappointed about the lack of the radarguided R-3R in the 1/72nd kit - the 1/48th ones from Eduard have them. 

Cheers,

Andre 

7 hours ago, Hook said:

Furthermore, I felt slightly disappointed about the lack of the radarguided R-3R in the 1/72nd kit - the 1/48th ones from Eduard have them.

Then again, the MF can't fire the R-3R, can it? AFAIK only S/SM/SMT/bis can. Maybe we'll get R-3Rs with the SMT or bis boxing, whenever they will be released. Meanwhile we will have to shell out some extra CZK for the Brassin missiles.

Edited by Apex

1 hour ago, Apex said:

Then again, the MF can't fire the R-3R, can it?

Indeed. You'd need an RP-22, so the RP-21 equipped MF would not be able to guide it. 

However, the stock MF can't use the R-60 either, which is included in the basic sprue. As well as in the PF / PFM kits. 😎

In addition, I believe the Bis / SMT were the only versions to employ the UB-32 rocket pods.

Cheers,

Andre

15 hours ago, Hook said:

Yes, the Eduard 1/72nd weapons sprue is weird in that only one of each of certain items are included (UB-32, MBD-2-67). 

The only boxings in which the instructions for these are provided, are two-in-one releases like the dual Royal Class edition. 

Cheers,

Andre 

Thanks for your answer Andre

Your opinion confirm my suspicion: lot of extra things for the Fujimis MiG-21 (as they're not MF but BIS models, I still have around 4-5 on the stash) and those only include R-13 Atolls and use the R-3R on RV/KP MiG-23

There are also a pair of AA-1 Alkali that better be use in a MiG-17PM or MiG-19PM

Regards

Armando

PD Sadly only one UB-32 and a single pair of UB-16