The X factor.

stevej60

Hi folk's,wasn't planning another build for this GB but Hasegawa's X-29 was sat on the LMS's shelf where it's been

for quite a time so I thought it deserves a build and it now resides in my stash,I'll post some sprue shot's over the weekend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_X-29

• Like 4

Evening folk's as promised spru shot's and unexpected progress.

20210502_175509

Beautiful molding's in a sensible white plastic I always thought this was a kit with raised detailing but the lines a recessed.

20210502_175334

Cockpit looks acceptable painted using the decal's supplied.

20210502_191104

I'll leave out the seat till later this is where I am tonight.

20210502_192115

• Like 11

Hi Steve. Not seen one of these before but it does look like it should be and interesting looking build. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

11 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve. Not seen one of these before but it does look like it should be and interesting looking build. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix,a nice change from the big scale stuff I'm planning this year and progress is quick,nearly time for paint.

20210503_192828

• Like 7

Hi folk's,she's had a couple of coats of matt white and now under one of three planned coats of gloss varnish  with a day or so to dry

between coats,so far so good!

20210508_123457

• Like 9

Morning folk's,decalled the other side but as you can see bit of a gap when the striping is in the correct place! Easily rectified.

20210514_201628

• Like 9

That is very good progress on this. I thought about getting one of these when it first came out, rather a long time ago if I remember. I always liked the 'odd-looking' aircraft, and one with wings on backwards is a good place to start!

Ray

• Like 1