Hellcat F6F-5 1:48 Eduard

Hi Guys,

After building a Mitsubishi P Zero I thought the moment to build his bitter enemy was arrived. The Eduard model is very well designed. All the model is out of the box a part from the seat belt. I didn't have any problem to build the kit even withspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png horrible instructions. After brushing  paint the model (as all my models), I tried to use Tamiya Panel Lines to highlight the details. The results did not satisfy my taste and for this reason I used Tamiya Weathering Master,  along the rivets to create a shabby effects. I also added a bit of chipping along the wings and canopy. The worst part was the antenna. I struggled with SuperAttack. Next time I will some sort of accelerator to avoid gluing my fingers instead of the part. Ispacer.pngspacer.png hope you like the results of my work. Thank you for your feedback,

• Like 18

Really nice build and the Sea Blue looks spot on. For the antennas, try using 'E-Z Line' or knitting in elastic which is so simple to use, holds and 'grabs' immediately with a touch of superglue and stays taut permanently. Much better that trying to use fishing line or similar.

Gary