USAF Wild Weasel Saab Viggen: FAR Model

Superb Viggen X model!

How did you manage to get hold of the top secret SAAB project drawings, I wonder. I thought it was kept under tight wraps, since several features were included in the JAS 39.

Impressive work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

I am not normally a fan of “What if models.” But yours looks totally plausible. Beautiful modelling. A lot of work to just avoid the splinter camo though.😁 

• Haha 4

What an extraordinary model! You've produced a work of art. I definitely appreciate the way your imagination works!

I was toying with ideas of SAAB Lansens, A32As in SEA camo sent to Vietnam.. Funny I saw this then. You did a wonderful job, it looks both cool and nice, very well done. Thanks for sharing! :D

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Superb Viggen X model!

How did you manage to get hold of the top secret SAAB project drawings, I wonder. I thought it was kept under tight wraps, since several features were included in the JAS 39.

Impressive work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

I can't confirm nor deny if I have them. ;)

5 hours ago, Robin-42 said:

I am not normally a fan of “What if models.” But yours looks totally plausible. Beautiful modelling. A lot of work to just avoid the splinter camo though.😁 

"Totally plausible" is my thinking behind most of my builds. About the splinter camo, yeah but I paid for it with all her stenciling. :blink:

5 hours ago, SAT69 said:

What an extraordinary model! You've produced a work of art. I definitely appreciate the way your imagination works!

Thanks. That really means a lot to me. 👍

And thank you everybody. I'm glad you all like her.

Steven :bye:

• Thanks 1

I love the idea and the result. ( it looks really beasty ! )

Anyway ... it seems you might be insane some way : building a Whif to avoid a splinter camo and decalling 200+ stencils ( or more maybe ) ... that's nuts , but it's the reason I love your project. ;)

That's not a 'What if' model; it's more like a 'Why the heck not' model. That is amazing modeling and entirely plausible. ( Just goes to show the lengths a modeler will go to to avoid painting Swedish lozenge camouflage  on a Viggen!) :giggle:

Mike

• Like 1

Just amazing!

Wonderful work, the Viggen just suits the scheme, and modifications.

Very impressive :)

• Like 1

Wow, thats superb!  The Viggen really suits that camo and the load-out is perfect.

Excellent job

Eng