1/72 - North American P-51D Mustang by Eduard - rumour confirmed

Homebee

Thanks "hawkeye" Tbolt (link) !

Is Eduard to release soon a new tool (?) 1/72nd North American P-51D kit?

Let's have a look at page 52 of this month Eduard Info Vol.20 May 2021.

Source: https://www.eduard.com/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2021/info-eduard-2021-05-enrr.pdf

P511.png

P510.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

They've used artwork for a D-30 on a D-5 boxing, obviously just a mock up, but you would have though they would have used they 1/48th scale D-5 boxart, I wonder if there's a reason for having Excalibur on the box?

Anyway anyone want to buy some Tamiya kits?😉

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

They've used artwork for a D-30 on a D-5 boxing, obviously just a mock up, but you would have though they would have used they 1/48th scale D-5 boxart, I wonder if there's a reason for having Excalibur on the box?

Anyway anyone want to buy some Tamiya kits?😉

Good afternoon all

I really hope that is true and It would be a very good news , I will take several boxes  to go with all the Tamiya kits I have in my stash I even have some Hasegawa kits ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

When you look closely at the box, the illustration looks like it was printed and applied to a plain white box. Plus the decals are in 1/48 scale, so it might be a joke.

However, if Eduard really does make the P-51D/K family in 1/72 soon, I will gladly buy a few boxes. I hope that their announced family of earlier Mustangs in 1/48 will also be released later in 1/72. Then we will have a set of modern kits with a high level of detail and with correct differentiation between versions.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Perhaps Eduard printed the box wrong.

This is my Eduard Il-2 kit. Notice the scale printed on the lower left corner. This kit is in actuality, 1/72 scale.

49153284967_8c98611df8_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Perhaps Eduard printed the box wrong.

This is my Eduard Il-2 kit. Notice the scale printed on the lower left corner. This kit is in actuality, 1/72 scale.

49153284967_8c98611df8_b.jpg

Chris

If the decals matched the kit then maybe ( even though the scale isn't the only thing wrong ), but since that box has been put there deliberately they are obviously making a point.

1 hour ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

I hope its true with all the other kits thay have done spitfires in both scales ME109s  please please  Eduard

Yes, 1/72 P-51D/Ks would be welcome.

Bf 109G/Ks even more so.

4 minutes ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

Eduard are Releasing this 1/72 

Bf 109F/G/K family was announced but we don't know premiere date yet. I'm afraid it will be 2022 or maybe even 2023. AFAIR there is still no final decision on whether the Avia S-199 will be the first model in the series, or whether it will nevertheless be released a little later or at the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

Yes, a Bf 109 G-6, that no one have done before ! 

You mean the ultra-expensive Tamiya, the undernourished AZ, the unavailable Finemolds or the unbelievably bad Airfix?

I reckon the market is still wide open. 😀

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, IanC said:

You mean the ultra-expensive Tamiya, the undernourished AZ, the unavailable Finemolds or the unbelievably bad Airfix?

I reckon the market is still wide open. 😀

You forgot the Academy and Hasegawa kits 😉

I wouldn't call the Tamiya kit ultra expensive. It's not cheap, but cheaper than the not as good Hasegawa kit.

3 hours ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

Eduard are Releasing this 1/72 

This one I like a lot! But in the meantime I will get the new KP with the revised fuselage, just in case Eduard decides otherwise.

12 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

When you look closely at the box, the illustration looks like it was printed and applied to a plain white box. Plus the decals are in 1/48 scale, so it might be a joke.

However, if Eduard really does make the P-51D/K family in 1/72 soon, I will gladly buy a few boxes. I hope that their announced family of earlier Mustangs in 1/48 will also be released later in 1/72. Then we will have a set of modern kits with a high level of detail and with correct differentiation between versions.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Do they have “April Fool “ in Czech Republic ?

Wulfman

15 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Hmmm ..... funny? No, a sick joke :( 

On 5/1/2021 at 2:56 PM, Homebee said:

Let's have a look at page 52 of this month Eduard Info Vol.20 May

Has anyone tried the described method of removing the carrier film of Eduard decals..?

Cheers,

Andre

7 minutes ago, Hook said:

Has anyone tried the described method of removing the carrier film of Eduard decals..?

Cheers,

Andre

I've only tried it with their stencils so far - all I did was rubbed a cocktail stick at the edge to get it to lift, I wouldn't use a knife as I wouldn't want to damage the paint work and then just pulled it off with some tweezers. I did it on a NMF finish and it worked really well but I'm a bit weary of trying it over a varnish coat.

16 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

They confirmed whole family few times, IIRC moulds are to be machined as soon as the Zlin Trainer is completed (soon).

I'm guessing here you mean the D series, like they did with the quarter scale ones?