1/72 - North American P-51D Mustang by Eduard - rumour confirmed

Homebee

1 hour ago, Hook said:

Has anyone tried the described method of removing the carrier film of Eduard decals..?

Cheers,

Andre

Andre - you quoted the answer to your own question! The article this thread is about is explaining the process, go back to the first post and follow the link.

The forthcoming 1/72 Mustang kit (if indeed there is one) isn't mentioned, it's just part of one of the illustrations, either as a tease or a wind-up.

Hi all

I think the question is not whether Eduard will release a 1/72 Mustang but rather when, it seems to me that all the kits produced by Eduard at 1/48 were also produced at 1/72 so let's be patient ..

Patrice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

Andre - you quoted the answer to your own question! The article this thread is about is explaining the process, go back to the first post and follow the link.

I did read it - I was just wondering if anyone here without commercial ties to Eduard actually tried it. :D

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

Excellent video, very informative! I do agree with your Cartograf praise. 

Excuse me while I'm off with a cotton bud and some white spirit to a half decalled MiG-21...   :D

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51D Mustang by Eduard - Rumour confirmed

Eduard 1/72nd N.A. P-51D Mustang project confirmed in a post from the Eduard boss: Vl. Šulc

Source: https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95825&start=12585#p2457294

"We'll make our own Mustang. It doesn't matter when it will be and who will release it in the meantime"

Clearly referring to the future Arma Hobby 1/72nd N.A. P-51D/K Mustang project link

SULCZ-2.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American P-51D Mustang by Eduard - rumour confirmed
59 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

"We'll make our own Mustang" seems pretty clear, so it seems safe to assume that this is not another collaboration with Arma, yes?

John

Eduard have collaborated with Arma? All I was aware of was the Eduard reboxing of the Hurricane, which I thought was just that not a collaboration like Eduard are doing with Special Hobby on a number of projects.

Eduard haven't shown much interest in 1/72nd scale for a while, so I wouldn't expect this for a long time if they follow their 1/48th scale kits. It's been a long time since they release their 109.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

I'm sorry - you're right. I misused the word "collaboration". Or maybe I just imagined it during one of my "lucid dreaming" sessions... :hypnotised:

John

They do seem to be doing some of the same projects - this and the 1/48th scale and Hurricanes. It would be good if they did collaborated then maybe we could get more subjects. 

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=34545

for those who maybe don't know above is the link for Q and A topic involving V.Šulc CEO of Eduard, within the topic Mustangs were mentioned for years , both D and B/C in both scales, but as with anything Eduard it may take few years, cooperation with Special Hobby may speed up release schedule of 72nd.kits.

• Like 2

Wonder if eduard dare to make an P-51D with "filled and sanded" panellines on the wings as on the real thing? ;)

I am rather tired concerning filling and sanding Tamiya and Airfix Mustang's...

Cheers / André 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Andre B said:

Wonder if eduard dare to make an P-51D with "filled and sanded" panellines on the wings as on the real thing? ;)

Cheers / André 

I don't believe they did on the (pardon me) 1/48 kit, but seeing as it's less work to not put them on, it kinda seems silly not to.

One can hope.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Wait, we're expecting Eduard, the manufacturer praised for their tooling representing very fine rivet and panel details, to suddenly NOT do that? :P

We are expecting eduard making models looking like the real thing... ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Andre B said:

We are expecting eduard making models looking like the real thing... ;)

I'd be happy enough with just "Eduard making models"... they talk a lot about making 1/72 Bf109s, Mustangs, Spitfires but all we receive are Zlins or whatever the crop duster is called...😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, steh2o said:

I'd be happy enough with just "Eduard making models"... they talk a lot about making 1/72 Bf109s, Mustangs, Spitfires but all we receive are Zlins or whatever the crop duster is called...😅

That'd be "čmelák" - how can anyone not love an aircraft whose name means "bumblebee"? :winkgrin:

John

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 18/11/2021 at 01:53, Thomas V. said:

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=34545

for those who maybe don't know above is the link for Q and A topic involving V.Šulc CEO of Eduard, within the topic Mustangs were mentioned for years , both D and B/C in both scales, but as with anything Eduard it may take few years, cooperation with Special Hobby may speed up release schedule of 72nd.kits.

It seems now it's more probable that eventually Eduard repackages Arma Hobby Mustangs. 

Edited by Dennis_C

On 11/18/2021 at 6:19 AM, Andre B said:

Cheers / André 

We can only hope, but I suspect they will follow their 1/48th kit and just do panel lines only on the wings. Maybe when the kit gets officially announced we can flood their FB page with request for a fully filled wing. You'd think they would jump at the chance to do less work on a kit 😀

Its like they don't want to upset the people who love loads of detail on the surface of a kit so they can put a black wash in to show it up as much as possible rather than people want something more realistic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Tbolt said:

We can only hope, but I suspect they will follow their 1/48th kit and just do panel lines only on the wings. Maybe when the kit gets officially announced we can flood their FB page with request for a fully filled wing. You'd think they would jump at the chance to do less work on a kit 😀

Its like they don't want to upset the people who love loads of detail on the surface of a kit so they can put a black wash in to show it up as much as possible rather than people want something more realistic.

Well it's usually a first time for everything. I think now there is time to produce an realistic P-51D with filled panellines as on the real thing. With one more upcomming P-51D from Arma and with the ones från Airfix, Tamiya and Hasegawa out on the market I feel there is good reason to try making something new...

Cheers / André 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andre B said:

Well it's usually a first time for everything. I think now there is time to produce an realistic P-51D with filled panellines as on the real thing. With one more upcomming P-51D from Arma and with the ones från Airfix, Tamiya and Hasegawa out on the market I feel there is good reason to try making something new...

Cheers / André 

I complete agree. When Eduard released their 1/48th scale kit it was disappointing they didn't make this step considering it was released around the same time as the Airfix & Meng which both had panel lines in the wing (and rivets I believe in the case of Meng).

I surprised Arma haven't gone the filled root as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I complete agree. When Eduard released their 1/48th scale kit it was disappointing they didn't make this step considering it was released around the same time as the Airfix & Meng which both had panel lines in the wing (and rivets I believe in the case of Meng).

I surprised Arma haven't gone the filled root as well.

I don't think anyone suggested that for Arma Hobby concerning the P-51B. But we maybe can when it comes to the P-51D/K?