Swissair Caravelle III in 1/144

IMHO the Caravelle is the most beautiful airliner of all times. The elegant livery of Swissair suited the Caravelle III perfectly. It's a pity that both the plane and the airline have long ago disappeared from the skies.

I built the model from a 1/144 scale Authentic Airliners resin kit with decals from F-DCAL and window decals from Authentic airliners.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 47

4 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s excellent! Classic airliners look so much nicer than modern ones. Lovely markings on this, very evocative. 

Thank you! I fully agree about the classic airliners

Cheers

Einar

That is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm pretty sure it's the first built Authentic Airliners Caravelle I have seen. It perfectly captures the stance and feel of the real aircraft and it looks beautiful in the classic Swissair livery.

:goodjob:

Dave G

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

That is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm pretty sure it's the first built Authentic Airliners Caravelle I have seen. It perfectly captures the stance and feel of the real aircraft and it looks beautiful in the classic Swissair livery.

:goodjob:

Dave G

Thanks Dave!

Beautiful model! I'm torn between the Comet 4 series and the later Caravelle 12 regarding favorites but both are among the most beautiful airplanes ever to grace the skies. I know, the VC-10 crowd will argue and their enthusiasm for that beautiful machine is well warranted. It's been said before but I'll say it again, I'd love to see models of these airplanes in 1/72 scale.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Beautiful model! I'm torn between the Comet 4 series and the later Caravelle 12 regarding favorites but both are among the most beautiful airplanes ever to grace the skies. I know, the VC-10 crowd will argue and their enthusiasm for that beautiful machine is well warranted. It's been said before but I'll say it again, I'd love to see models of these airplanes in 1/72 scale.

Thank you very much!  I also like very much the Comet 4 and VC-10 beauties. However, the Caravelle is my favourite😄

54 minutes ago, WildeSau75 said:

Lovely - I like the plane, its livery and the way you modeled it - top work.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks Michael,

Cheers,

Einar

Oh yeah...she's beautiful, Einar! And I agree completely...that the older classic airliners were just, well, classic. So much personality and character, and you've captured those qualities and more in your build here. Nice work, indeed. :yes:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Oh yeah...she's beautiful, Einar! And I agree completely...that the older classic airliners were just, well, classic. So much personality and character, and you've captured those qualities and more in your build here. Nice work, indeed. :yes:

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Eric Mc said:

Lovely - one of my favourite airliners.

I would argue that some of the latest airliners are quite elegant too. I like the 787, the A350 and the A330.

Thank you Eric! You're quite right. Those are elegant jets, too. However, I prefer the classic airliners which look so original 😀

Cheers,

Einar

58 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

Classic airliner in a classic livery = fantastic

Superb build all around🎖👍

Greetings from Switzerland

Alex

Thank you Alex!

Einar