Masterbox 1:35 Scale US and German Paratroopers (my first diorama)

Greetings Folks,

I got this Masterbox 1:35 Scale US and German Paratroopers given to me by a friend. It is a nice kit and plastic behaves more like resin than regular plastic. Disclaimer I am no good at figure painting and this my attempt to do one so my apologies if it renders inaccurately and making the German fallschirmjäger was really hard but I found a book and gave some head ups but it wasn't that easy. So I tried to paint as accurately as I can, it says southern Europe, and I hope this paint on the fallschirmjäger is correct. Painting US airborne ranger was a little easy after some experience painting the German figures.  then I started the lady figure which was quite hard, getting the tone right, I know it not there but that is my best attempt, after painting the figures I realized it is bit empty so I build a Horch Type 4x4 which was a smooth sail it was really delightful kit also I printed some poster to make it little interesting, So here it is my fallschirmjäger vs US airborne well they are rather pals after seeing beauty, please do advice so that I could learn and improve lots to learn as this my new frontier. Many thanks.

DSC-9337.jpg

DSC-9339.jpg

DSC-9341.jpg

DSC-9343.jpg

DSC-9345.jpg

DSC-9351.jpg

DSC-9352.jpg

DSC-9356.jpg

Thank you for looking.

• Like 6

I have actually done these exact figures long ago ,i know what you mean about the plastic .This company give us some wonderful figures ,and are exelent diorama choices.

You have made a great job on what i call naughty but nice set piece ,look forward to seeing more from you.

• Thanks 1

There's nothing wrong with your painting. Please remember that none of us ever churned out works of art when we first started painting figures.

It's like everything else in this hobby. The more practice you put in, the better the results you get.

As for the diorama, you could try forming your groundwork under the two sitting figures at the top of the rock face. Their poses would look a bit more natural sitting "in" the groundwork, rather than "on" it.

Might be an idea to add some foliage to add some additional visual interest. Small trees, bushes and flowers are always a good bet. Some bulrushes down by the waterside maybe?

These are just suggestions of course. Wish my first dioramas exhibited the same imagination as yours does.

Like Homer says, I also look forward to seeing more from you.

Cheers

Edited by Cadman
added a comment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Homer said:

I have actually done these exact figures long ago ,i know what you mean about the plastic .This company give us some wonderful figures ,and are exelent diorama choices.

You have made a great job on what i call naughty but nice set piece ,look forward to seeing more from you.

Yes, Indeed they do have really nice range of subject to work around and I for sure will be getting some more of their figures in future. Since my figure painting fear is almost gone I have some idea now as I what I would like to do in future. Appreciate the kind words, Thank you.

7 hours ago, Cadman said:

There's nothing wrong with your painting. Please remember that none of us ever churned out works of art when we first started painting figures.

It's like everything else in this hobby. The more practice you put in, the better the results you get.

As for the diorama, you could try forming your groundwork under the two sitting figures at the top of the rock face. Their poses would look a bit more natural sitting "in" the groundwork, rather than "on" it.

Might be an idea to add some foliage to add some additional visual interest. Small trees, bushes and flowers are always a good bet. Some bulrushes down by the waterside maybe?

These are just suggestions of course. Wish my first dioramas exhibited the same imagination as yours does.

Like Homer says, I also look forward to seeing more from you.

Cheers

Indeed, the only way to improve is to paint make tons of mistake and hopefully gain knowledge from it. I am gonna do more figure in the future for sure. 
Thank you for your suggestion on diorama, I will surely follow your advice, I was thinking of making foliage and other trivial stuff but it was that good so I skip that idea, however, i might give it a second run, unless you try it you never gonna build  Diorama is a world itself and you surely spend lot of time on it maybe forever hehe making small details to bring out life to it. I am gonna do some more in the future as I have some idea now and really appreciate the suggestions you have given to me, little nugget like this can really be a game changer.

Thank you

Cheers Mate

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 8:23 AM, tomthounaojam said:

Thank you for your suggestion on diorama, I will surely follow your advice, I was thinking of making foliage and other trivial stuff but it was that good so I skip that idea, however, i might give it a second run, unless you try it you never gonna build  Diorama is a world itself and you surely spend lot of time on it maybe forever hehe making small details to bring out life to it. I am gonna do some more in the future as I have some idea now and really appreciate the suggestions you have given to me, little nugget like this can really be a game changer.

Thank you

Cheers Mate

Yeah, building small dioramas and vignettes is an absorbing part of the overall hobby.

Trouble is -- for me anyway -- the fact that they're never really finished. I have an awful habit of going back in and changing this/changing that.

Keeps me busy and out of trouble with wifie though, (most of the time).

Cheers

Edited by Cadman
typos
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2021 at 6:01 AM, Cadman said:

Yeah, building small dioramas and vignettes is an absorbing part of the overall hobby.

Trouble is -- for me anyway -- the fact that they're never really finished. I have an awful habit of going back in and changing this/changing that.

Keeps me busy and out of trouble with wifie though, (most of the time).

Cheers

Indeed, well once you start making a diorama I guess ocd kick in haha. 
Btw am making some IJA troops doing a Banzai charge may take some time.
180566205-796285974326727-22267026643822
It is a Tamiya 1/35 IJA 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomthounaojam said:

Indeed, well once you start making a diorama I guess ocd kick in haha. 
Btw am making some IJA troops doing a Banzai charge may take some time.

I look forward to the photos illustrating the end result.

You can always add a WIP thread as well, although I appreciate these do tend to take up a lot of time.

PS. Your cutting mat looks as "abused" as mine does...

😀

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Cadman said:

I look forward to the photos illustrating the end result.

You can always add a WIP thread as well, although I appreciate these do tend to take up a lot of time.

PS. Your cutting mat looks as "abused" as mine does...

😀

Hehe I will take that as a compliment for the mat, I never had a cleaned mat, I guess am honest to my paint work. I use but then I seldom take picture wip unless it is a major and you want to document it. Those figures I painted during the weekend so it was beer and figures and less camera time.