Card Boat Tram

scoopey

Since I started building my tramway I always wanted an open boat tram. Alas all the options are gone these days from the conversion kit to hadfields model.

I therefore decided to get some plans and scratchbuild. Since I'm good with card I decided to make a development model before creating in plastic. This would expose any flaws before using more expensive materials. 

This is my first trial.

Card Boat Tram

• Like 4

Wow, what a cool machine to build.   I never knew there was such a thing.    Looks like you're off to a good start on it.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:19 PM, scoopey said:

Since I'm good with card

And that's a shoo-in for modest understatement award! That's closer to excellence level. There's a Group Build gong on at the moment for 'Anything but Injection' modelling with a good amount of card and scratchbuilding going on. You'd be very welcome to come and join us. I would say to get support and encouragement but clearly you could also teach the rest of us a thing or two

Thanks for the compliment.

I think I might have posted another model here already including plans - A 1/16 scale Czech Hedgehog.

I suppose with card the only issue I have is cutting the bloody stuff out lol! On another note I learned how to sculpt it because I was quite reasonable at origami... 

• 1 month later...