Trumpeter 1/350 Italian Heavy Cruiser 'Zara'

Gidday Jon, I've found that close-up photos are not kind to us, they show a model warts and all. But as you said, often these blemishes can't be seen with the naked eye. The PE really enhances the model, as to those gun barrels. Well done, she's looking good. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

ladders did not turn out that bad

Very kind of you to say so.

I think they are pretty crappy and am just grateful that they will be sort of hidden.

Still a way to go.

Jon

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

The PE really enhances the model,

It does, but sometimes it is (how can I put this politely?) challenging ?

Jon

• Haha 3

The Trumpy and Hobby boss PE is horrible to work with as it is nowhere near the standards of the upgrade companies like Flyhawk Pontos Infini Big Blue Boy MK1 etc. Their PE is not a good representation of what is available and doable. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RGL said:

The Trumpy and Hobby boss PE is horrible to work with as it is nowhere near the standards of the upgrade companies like Flyhawk Pontos Infini Big Blue Boy MK1 etc. Their PE is not a good representation of what is available and doable. 

I have to agree and have often bought PE sets, when there is none or little included in the kit. However, some of the upgrade sets are extremely expensive and I have to take this into account, especially when paying £60 plus for a kit.

Also, I’ve found I am unable to buy some PE sets within the UK and must buy from various parts of the world, this can at times, when postage is added, almost double the cost of the PE. 
Although there does seem to be quite a few PE producers around the world, there are not many suppliers who stock them within the UK.

So I am left with little option, but to make do with what is included.
Jon

• Like 1

What superstructure I've done, I thought I'd dry fit to get an idea of how things are progressing.

I've painted a black line along the hull, which will become a thin black line between the grey of the hull above the waterline and the green below, just need to figure out how thick to make it.

Jon

p?i=d3aae163a4b71c4b6e5d3fdae7674188

p?i=5c03a5159c3f2824c3b1a9afb41fbea8

• Like 3
2 hours ago, S-boat 55 said:

Your motoring through by the looks of it, coming together nicely imo, out of curiosity do you paint by hand or airbrush?

So far, I’ve been using a brush as the areas haven’t been big enough to warrant mixing paint for my airbrush. But I will airbrush the hull, as I get a far better finish on bigger areas that way.

Jon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1