Panzerjager Elefant no 113 in Italy

Thank you Vaoinas!

In effect my first idea was to use Aber hooks but they seemed to me with a bad thick. Then I always have some problems to glue metal parts to plastic (between you and me, I hate photoetched parts!) 😉

Ciao

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

between you and me, I hate photoetched parts!)

You've told everyone now..........................😄

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Here the model completed. It lacks some minor details. I don't know to add camo netting at this stage or after painted and weathered model. The right sag need 110 Master Club track links per side.
Ciao
Filippo

KAZC1gR.jpg

ze5Ykc6.jpg

VQ6GcBt.jpg

EYv3VCJ.jpg

X7OTDu0.jpg

DomIFrW.jpg

nXrGY5D.jpg

4bofciP.jpg

kVdzx90.jpg

ywhVLK2.jpg

FtrLw0y.jpg

zPbeL8r.jpg

5l9I36W.jpg

x5wqp9y.jpg

• Like 19

Beautiful work Filippo, so many lovely details to look at. Sometimes when you have made a model as good as this it's a shame to paint it, it looks brilliant as it is. Will look forward to seeing this painted

all the best

Ed

• Thanks 1

This is looking fantastic Filippo....some really top class modelling going on here....seems a shame to paint it given all that work but will be sooooo worth it, be looking forward to see the pics in RFI when it's finished 

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Here the model completed. It lacks some minor details. I don't know to add camo netting at this stage or after painted and weathered model. The right sag need 110 Master Club track links per side.
Ciao
Filippo

KAZC1gR.jpg

ze5Ykc6.jpg

VQ6GcBt.jpg

EYv3VCJ.jpg

X7OTDu0.jpg

DomIFrW.jpg

nXrGY5D.jpg

4bofciP.jpg

kVdzx90.jpg

ywhVLK2.jpg

FtrLw0y.jpg

zPbeL8r.jpg

5l9I36W.jpg

x5wqp9y.jpg

Hey Filippo

Top work!!

MD

• Thanks 1

Hi All

LKOwCn2.jpg

I have a doubt.

Did the pointed area have zimmerit? I couldn't find pics but imho the answer is positive. No part of it in Atak zimmerit kit

What do you think about?

TIA

Ciao

Filippo 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Did the pointed area have zimmerit?

A good question Filippo. This is the best photo I have, and the verdict is inconclusive, although there does appear to be a lack of Zimmerit pattern compared to the area above? I think I'd maybe be tempted to leave is un-zimmed?

Lovely work by the way - it looks fab. 👍

7ad2075d-6e3c-4539-8dd6-85259dc64a24.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

All the references I've seen here were also inconclusive. I seen one that didn't even have zim in the lower front glacis, and most didn't even carry zim at all, so this must be taken with a grain of salt... the WWII photos are mostly bad and difficult to see. But in my opinion if you put zim in  the sides I would go for it in that zone.😀

Cheers

LM

• Thanks 1

The Tamiya sticker type zimmerit has it on that very lower part, the Atak zim, as you say, doesn't. @Lazy Modeller 's photo is the first I have seen that looks like it has. There is one other photo of one that has been flipped on its side that may have it but not clear enough for definitive proof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Hi All

LKOwCn2.jpg

I have a doubt.

Did the pointed area have zimmerit? I couldn't find pics but imho the answer is positive. No part of it in Atak zimmerit kit

What do you think about?

TIA

Ciao

Filippo 

Ciao Filippo

The Zimmerit application was applied to the rear exactly as it was from front to bottom.
I have attached a picture from Münch`s book.
You can see it well there.
Saluti

MD

spacer.png

Chipped Zimmerit to the bottom

• Like 1

Thank you MD. I remember that colour picture but I'm not sure that J. Restayn colour drawings are accurate. It could be a speculation as unfortunately KH Munch book does not have any picture of bottom rear area. Anyway I have some spare parts from ATAK so I think I'll add some zimmerit just there😉.

All the best

Filippo 

• Like 2