MiniArt 1/35 LANZ D8532 Tractor

That seems a really odd way of doing the wheels having the rim and part tyre moulded together, but it certainly looks to have worked. Keep it up, I'd forgotten how quick you work!

• Like 1

Small update. All 4 wheels are done so that's taken care of. 

In the meantime, some more delicate bits added to the chassis. I'm adding parts and checking whether I'll still be able to fit those rear sides / fenders afterwards! So far, looks like I can get away with it. 

20210504214519-f26f5dfe-me.jpg

I'd rather add parts like these before paint. It never gets better when you (well, I) do it afterwards. 

20210504214518-ca34164e-me.jpg

• Like 8

Hmm you seem to be flying along with this build mate looks great but maybe you should slow down a little 😉 😜 👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

Hmm you seem to be flying along with this build mate looks great but maybe you should slow down a little 😉 😜 👍

Don't worry, some complicated stuff up next, it will slow me down some. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Don't worry, some complicated stuff up next, it will slow me down some. 

Just remember Jeroen it's a marathon not a sprint 🙂😉👍....hmm perhaps I should take a bit of my own medicine 🤔😂😂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Just remember Jeroen it's a marathon not a sprint 🙂😉👍....hmm perhaps I should take a bit of my own medicine 🤔😂😂

You don't say? You'll be finished tomorrow and I don't even have all the parts on 🙂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

You don't say? You'll be finished tomorrow and I don't even have all the parts on 🙂

No chance mate....might be done the weekend at a push 🤔 😉

Got some more work done yesterday evening and this morning before work. All parts for under the chassis like front axle and steering linkage. Fragile parts of course, like these two. 

20210507092603-87d79bbc-me.jpg

And even an actual bolt.

20210507092926-a7472ab5-me.jpg

Which was used

20210507092602-98a665bd-me.jpg

to get the front axle in place. 

20210507092603-42f995d2-me.jpg

All parts are now in place, including the exhaust. 

20210507092604-c1124c8d-me.jpg

With an intricate bit of PE. 

20210507092605-ebb5ac9d-me.jpg

As usual,these kits are sometimes a bit of a challenge but it always looks real nice. 

20210507092606-02ca4210-me.jpg

• Like 7

OK that's the build ready for paint. 

20210508072955-4d08bc42-me.jpg

20210508072953-63cdc6b9-me.jpg

Now, if only I'd be ready 🙂 

So it will have to wait a little bit. In the meantime I can work out which colour I'm going for. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Bengalensis said:

It looks very crisp and detailed, nice work. But is the tractor itself still in more sub-assemblies or do you actually paint it in one piece like this?

I was wondering about the exact same thing?

Also...if they can do such fine/crisp moldings in this scale...would love to see one in 1/12 !

Ron

• Like 1

Nice work Jeroen you certainly put this together quickly 👏. So this weekend should see this build finished i reckon?😉👍

3 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

It looks very crisp and detailed, nice work. But is the tractor itself still in more sub-assemblies or do you actually paint it in one piece like this?

Thanks, though the "crisp and detailed" part is all MiniArt. The tractor itself is in one piece like this, but I had wanted to leave the drum on the left off since it covers quite a bit of the bonnet. However, me being me, I was busy glueing stuff and before I realized I'd done it this thing was good and stuck! So I guess I'm painting it along with the rest now...  Regarding the painting, I think it was Old John who is also following this thread who said "I'm better in painting after glueing than the other way around". This goes for me too! I'm always thinking how much assembly I can get away with. So we'll see how this goes. These MiniArt parts are so fragile sometimes that the less I have to handle them the better, they're much safer on the model 🙂 

Plus this one, along with the other tractors I have going on, will look good as a whole anyway, they don't have to be perfect. I'm just glad to have the time to be building again, I missed it.

3 hours ago, silver911 said:

I was wondering about the exact same thing?

Also...if they can do such fine/crisp moldings in this scale...would love to see one in 1/12 !

Ron

Absolutely, with the amount of detail they throw in it would be gorgeous.

2 hours ago, Old John said:

Looking good & doing a great job assembling it.  Seems quite a complicated model .

It's not so bad actually, there are certainly MiniArt kits with more parts, and more sub-assemblies to make.

17 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Nice work Jeroen you certainly put this together quickly 👏. So this weekend should see this build finished i reckon?😉👍

Nope 🙂 ... Still doing a lot of 1:1 work in and around the house. Plus I don't have a place to paint yet! 

• Like 2

Hi JeroenS  Quite right it was me who made comment re painting & gluing.Have taken the plunge and got a 1 /35th kit (civilian B type Bus) & I think a tractor will follow. Most impressed with quality of kit, & your building skills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old John said:

Hi JeroenS  Quite right it was me who made comment re painting & gluing.Have taken the plunge and got a 1 /35th kit (civilian B type Bus) & I think a tractor will follow. Most impressed with quality of kit, & your building skills.

Good luck with your build, I'm always amazed at how much detail they put in, and if anything these kits are great for improving your fine motor skills 🙂 ... Looking forward to your bus!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of progress, I set up my new Benchvent spray booth yesterday and tonight I though I'd take the plunge. I set it up in my new room and it looks like I'll be able to spray indoors from now on, this thing has some serious suction. I'll see how I feel about having it indoors after a couple of sessions. It's not like I paint every day. But I may still move it to the garage.

Anyway, Mr Surfacer black was applied. Always looks good. 

20210527205729-9e092778-me.jpg

20210527205727-0733f50b-me.jpg

20210527205728-a42891df-me.jpg

I'm still deciding on the main colour. 

20210527205729-8377ca3b-me.jpg

• Like 5

I agree Jeroen Mr surfacer black is a fantastic product 👌. Your tractor is looking well tidy mate......now crack on you've been slacking and don't give me any of that house moving and decorating nonsense get ya finger out 😉👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

I agree Jeroen Mr surfacer black is a fantastic product 👌. Your tractor is looking well tidy mate......now crack on you've been slacking and don't give me any of that house moving and decorating nonsense get ya finger out 😉👍

Well at least I've not been buying everything on the internet, unlike some folks :whistle:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JeroenS said:

Well at least I've not been buying everything on the internet, unlike some folks :whistle:

I haven't brought everything on the Internet......yet 😀. Anyway its my comfort blanket I have to feed my addiction 😛. Oh and before I forget whose spent gazillions of sheckles on a new spray booth....🤔

• Haha 1

OK so I'm going with this colour scheme, I like it. 

20210528205804-dea67a46-me.jpg

MiniArt always include a nifty colour chart. 

20210528205804-4d91eb30-me.jpg

Now, a bit odd, this. Colour "12" is the intended main colour. I have both the Vallejo and the Tamiya, but I'd like a sturdy base coat so I chose the Tamiya. 

But look at the difference between those colours. It's not even close. 

20210528205802-ebd862c2-me.jpg

In the end I chose Tamiya's medium blue (XF-18) which I thought to be a better match. 

20210528205803-e00ce8fb-me.jpg

I think it is, but I'm going to add a light coat of the XF-18 with a little of the darker XF-17 mixed in. The rear mudguards, seat and front light bar have also been painted but were too late for the photo. I'll brush paint the rest of the parts in Vallejo colours.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Your paint work is excellent mate crisp and clean great work 👍 👌 👏 

Must be that new spray booth 🤓

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Must be that new spray booth 🤓

Hmm I really could do with a new spray booth 🤔 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

Hmm I really could do with a new spray booth 🤔 

The old one has paint all over it 😆