Well, I got a model with two right arms...

Indigo121

This is some doozy of a manufacturing mistake. Just started building a big 1/16 figure by MiniArt, and I find myself scratching my eyes because the sprue has two right arms and no left ones... Seems like they somehow mixed the right arm of a different model with this sprue, and created a Frankenstein sprue.

the model is now out of production. I wonder why...

miniart-models.com/products/16017/

I guess I will try to cut and paste this arm into something coherent. I was warned about MiniArt figures, but this takes the cake.

Edited by Indigo121

Sprue C should have the two arms, according to the instructions.  Were they not on the correct positions or something? :hmmm: You could try asking them directly via email.  We've reviewed a literal TON of MiniArt figure sets (mostly 1:35) and never had any problems with missing or incorrect parts, so I'm not sure what this warning would have been.  Sometimes the larger figures need a little filler, but that's probably to be expected anyway when you're making a large figure from smaller parts. :shrug:

I think it’s because the French and Dutch Imperial Guards are the same kits with different arms. The sprue with the packs and arms on is the only difference. The bags are all the same, but the arms are moulded in different places on the sprue. A correct kit has one arm on each side of the packs in the middle, and a big space next to them. In one kit the arms are top left and bottom right, and in the other it’s bottom left and top right. When they mould the sprue, they blank off the two arm moulds that aren’t needed. It sounds like someone messed up the blanking. Does your kit have two arms on one side of the packs and nothing on the other?

best,

M.

38 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I think it’s because the French and Dutch Imperial Guards are the same kits with different arms. The sprue with the packs and arms on is the only difference. The bags are all the same, but the arms are moulded in different places on the sprue. A correct kit has one arm on each side of the packs in the middle, and a big space next to them. In one kit the arms are top left and bottom right, and in the other it’s bottom left and top right. When they mould the sprue, they blank off the two arm moulds that aren’t needed. It sounds like someone messed up the blanking. Does your kit have two arms on one side of the packs and nothing on the other?

best,

M.

Indeed, that's what happened. They made a sprue with the Frenchman's right arm and the Dutch's right arm, and all the packs in between. Everybody on the item's page on Amazon seems happy, so I don't think there were a lot of these faulty sprues distributed.

I imagine Amazon might have sent me a replacement, but I didn't take a picture and I'm already busy playing Napoleonic surgeon on poor Frenchy's arm. The elbow went first (quite a thick arm on the guy, a lot of sawing needed), then the wrist, thumb, and a couple of cufflinks if I can scrape them off. Then flip everything and glue, some filler and sanding, and ol' Frenchy is back on the field in no time, with an arm that hopefully won't look like it was taken off a zombie.

Edited by Indigo121
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Miko said:

Wow!! That's crazy? 

Time to apply all those modelling skills you've accrued over the years! good luck!

I'm looking forward to seeing how you get round this one

Miko (hasn't seen an Imperial Guardsman since wargaming club at school)

Thanks, mate. Cheers