Adampur Aggressor – Eduard MiG-21FL (composite PF/PFM) of the Indian Air Force’s Tactics and  Combat Development Establishment (TACDE) - 1/72

On 5/5/2021 at 9:19 PM, Sky Keg said:

Martin.............you did it again!!!!!!  Why should I purchase reference material when I have you to provide these epic presentations.  I continue to be impressed with everything you share with us.  I can almost forget your skill level as an artist due to high quality of the background story of the subject you share here with us.  It`s all good and please don`t stop.  

I am not worthy!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

Thank you, Mike. However, as I always say, I don’t feel so worthy. This great forum is packed full of talent that surpasses my attempts. Don’t get me wrong, though, I will soak up as much credit as you are happy to lob my way :).

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well thats different ! Good looking MiG. :clap2:

Thanks the intention, Dennis :). I’m glad you like her. :)

Martin

• Like 2

Exceptional work Martin!

Very impressed with the research & you representing that history, & the extra work you've put into the detailing especially with that canopy & those decals. Very nice.

Echoing what Stuart said, very left field & a very striking colour scheme. Another great subject that one doesn't read about very often. Very enlightening.

I think one of the colourful IAF Gnat F.1's would look good next to that unless you've built one already, another interesting PAF/IAF combat theme!

Always found their cold war aviation history interesting & surprised at India's current inventory of combat jets what with the arrivals of the Rafale. Surprised that they still have a handfull of 21's on their last legs.

All the best

Martin

14 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Exceptional work Martin!

Very impressed with the research & you representing that history, & the extra work you've put into the detailing especially with that canopy & those decals. Very nice.

Echoing what Stuart said, very left field & a very striking colour scheme. Another great subject that one doesn't read about very often. Very enlightening.

I think one of the colourful IAF Gnat F.1's would look good next to that unless you've built one already, another interesting PAF/IAF combat theme!

Always found their cold war aviation history interesting & surprised at India's current inventory of combat jets what with the arrivals of the Rafale. Surprised that they still have a handfull of 21's on their last legs.

All the best

Martin

Thanks a lot, Martin!!! Yes, a Gnat could look good, especially a camouflaged one ;). Regarding Eduard Fishbeds, I will be busy  ...

Eduard!

14 hours ago, celt said:

You dont see a Mig in those colours very often, well tidy, well tidy indeed.

Regards

celt

Thanks a lot, @celt. You're bang on regarding the colours :). Just my kind of thing :)

Martin

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 4:01 PM, Smudge said:

Very nice, Martin. Great looking model.

Thanks a lot, Iain. I'm sorry I haven't picked up on your kind words until now. I am certainly pleased with how she worked out :)

On 5/15/2021 at 10:48 AM, Linescriber said:

Dear Martin, Sorry for the delay, ive been off modelling for a while, writing my book.  That's an outstanding model by all accounts.   I am sure TACDE would be impressed!!

Thanks also to you, LS. You have helped me along with your knowledge of the subject and this is the result. :)

Martin

Wonderful build and very atractive scheme my friend!

You always surprise me with your choices. I'm a bit off the forum and sometimes I miss your posts for a while.

Best regards from Uruguay!

Ignacio

10 hours ago, Ignacio said:

Wonderful build and very atractive scheme my friend!

You always surprise me with your choices. I'm a bit off the forum and sometimes I miss your posts for a while.

Best regards from Uruguay!

Ignacio

Hi Ignacio! It is great to hear from you! Thank you for your kind comments. As you say, and many know, I hate following trends and seek things to build that others don’t. My life long aviation interest and career has steered my choices too. I am actually tempted at the moment by another Uruguayan build ;).

All my best,

Martin

5 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Ignacio! It is great to hear from you! Thank you for your kind comments. As you say, and many know, I hate following trends and seek things to build that others don’t. My life long aviation interest and career has steered my choices too. I am actually tempted at the moment by another Uruguayan build ;).

All my best,

Any help you need just let me know! What's on your mind?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Shame on me for missing this fine model; both the RFI and the WIP (never had the discipline for a proper WIM myself).

Congrats!

Edited by mack
typo
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mack said:

Shame on me for missing this fine model; both the RFI and the WIP (never had the discipline for a proper WIM myself).

Congrats!

Thanks mate. It seems a long time ago now ;)…. I still wonder if the dots should have been black but the B&W photos still indicate red to me :)

Here is another kitbash MiG that seemed to work for me :).

Martin