UM-MT 1/72 T1 Combat Car

Tweener

My first (I believe!) posting to the Armor WIP pages here on the BM is the (so-far) lovely UM-MT Models T1 Combat Car. UM-MT produces a whole range of Christie tanks and the BT tanks that were based upon them, and I intend to build more of them in the future. 

Most of the kit is injected molded plastic, but there are some photo-etch details such as the engine cooling slats and turret details. So far, the fit has been very positive and the details are lovely. My only gripe, and it is a minor one, is that some of the parts have a large number of sprue attachment points.

As of now, the build looks like this -

T1 Combat Car T1 Combat Car

The next step will be to construct the base of the turret, add the cooling slats and tow points, and then work on the suspension can begin. I most likely won't be adding tracks to this build, but perhaps I'll convince myself to take the plunge and try aligning them all. Time will tell.

Thanks all,

Tweener

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Hey Tweener, don't leave 'em hangin'!   What's happened to this build? 

I've made some more progress on this one, but then it was set aside at the start of the Uni year. I only just rediscovered it while reorganizing during my last visit home, but it's nearly at the top of my to-finish pile. I'll post an update when I'm home again in just over a week.

Best,
Tweener

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 9:48 PM, Gary Brantley said:

I'm looking forward to more progress! 👍

It took a little longer than I wanted to get around to this one, but now that I've wrapped up 2 other builds it felt right to get this one towards the finish line for a change-of-shapes.

Tonight I installed the tracks. I didn't realize that some of the smaller links had different details on each side until I was finished, but I obviously won't be correcting them now. 

The photo is quite poor as I'm only using my desk light (it's past midnight), but I'll make an effort to take better ones tomorrow when I look in to what paint color I need to finish it with.

T1 Combat Car

More soon,
Tweener

• Like 2