British Infantry Weapons & Equipment (35368)  1:35 MiniArt via Creative Models Ltd

Julien

British Infantry Weapons & Equipment (35368) 

1:35 MiniArt via Creative Models Ltd

spacer.png

This set from MiniArt brings s a whole host of British Army Infantry Equipment. There are Mk.III & MK.IV Lee Enfield rifles along with a Sniper Version. What look to be Both Enfield & Webley Service revolvers along with a US Colt 45.  There are bayonets for both types of rifle and various parts of 37 pattern webbing. There are MK.II Helmets with and without netting and the newer Mk.III Helmets, Other parts include Hand Grenades, Holstered Pistos, Binoculars, and even a camera. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

You can never have enough equipment at times for any troop scene or diorama,  Highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

Small correction: there was no Mk.IV rifle, the one used during WW2 was the Rifle No.4 Mk,I, correctly included in the set.

The Mk.III was the Rifle No.1 Mk.III, first introduced in 1907 and used through WW1 but still used in WW2 (and still produced in Australia and India during WW2). Two variations of this are included in the set.

I know, it's nitpicking... 😂

• 1 month later...

I was quite surprised to find that one of the SMLE's included was the Mk.1, introduced 1903, with the appropriate Pattern 1903 bayonet, not really something you would expect in a set of 2nd World War weapons!   Interesting, though, I wonder why they did this?

4 minutes ago, 593jones said:

I was quite surprised to find that one of the SMLE's included was the Mk.1, introduced 1903, with the appropriate Pattern 1903 bayonet, not really something you would expect in a set of 2nd World War weapons!   Interesting, though, I wonder why they did this?

Perhaps there were still some in use?

20 minutes ago, Julien said:

Perhaps there were still some in use?

It's a possibility, but I read somewhere that in the First World War nearly 4 million SMLE Mk.lll rifles were produced, most of which would have been in store at the start of the Second World War, so there was not really a rifle shortage.  The Mk.l was issued to the Royal Navy at the start of WWl, and their Mk.lll's issued to the army, so the navy may have had them.  Possibly they were issued to units of the LDV who would have been happy to have received any type of firearm before they became the Home Guard and received the US M.17 rifles.  I suspect, though, that most, if not all, Mk.l's had either been converted to Mk.lll standard, or sold out of service.

• Like 1