Hasegawa A-7D USAF 1/48

Hello!

This is my recent project, a nice kit of this iconic jet. It’s an old toll, and it shows it in some ways, but it also can be built into a nice model . Except fot the canopy masks, everything OOB.
All my references showed these USAF birds, in the late eighties and early nineties were kept relatively clean, being the opposite of the Navy. So, the weathering was kept to a minimum.
All decals were fine.
Gunze paints and oils were used.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 43
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Electric Indigo said:

Each time I resist adding this kit to my monumental stash, a great build pops up and tries to push me over to the Dark Side again...

Great work, @George72, and I like the low-key weathering.

Are the canopy frames decals or did you paint them on?

Decals for the canopy framing are from Furball.

Thank you!

That’s a beautifully made SLUF! Excellent finish and some of the photos make it look real. The open maintenance hatches and that canopy framing are especially good. Outstanding build.

34 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

Beautiful bird George!    Great job, and I too am blown away by that canopy framing, as well as the added details!  :clap2:

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, F-32 said:

Very tidy build, nicely done

Thank you!

2 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

I have always liked the A-7 and yours is looking great.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s a beautifully made SLUF! Excellent finish and some of the photos make it look real. The open maintenance hatches and that canopy framing are especially good. Outstanding build.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, dov said:

Your model is excellent.

One idea for the next one?

I try to get a more realistic paint. Here I noticed, a metalic shine in all Navy Aircraft.

Did you also notice that?

My idea:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235092772-realistic-metallic-impression-of-a-gray-aircraft

Maybe you like it.

Happy modelling

Thank you!  I'll try to replicate your idea here in the future.

Excellent work George

Since i watched the movie,, The final countdown,, with Kirk Douglas in the 80ies, the A-7 is one of my favourite aircrafts.

Edited by Harry Callahan