Avro Lancaster with homemade Tallboy 1/72

Greetings,

Hope everyone is in good spirit and doing well.

I had this Avro Lancaster 1/72 Revell kits but without the decals, I brought it from yard sales so no decals, however, I got a Matchbox decal but sadly it just cracked away. I was on the verge of giving up the model and started something new. But then decided I need to complete what I have started, a friend of mine send me a pair of wing roundels it was a tad small but I can live with it and I used decals from other kits. Working on the matchbox decals which I have no option to work on it was a really challenging bit like building a puzzle. I am no Lancaster expert, however, I really like the aircraft and I hope if any error you guys will forgive me. For bomb, I wanted to have the Tallboy, so asked a friend and he printed a one for me. It was a bit rough but quite happy for the first-ever trial, so the future looks bright for the next project. Building the kit was great, a bit of extra engineering I would say but I can live with hehe. Painted using local paint. So without further ado, may present my Lancaster, bit of Frankenstein on the decal.

Thank you for looking cheers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 53
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Nicely done! :clap2:

Thanks, Mate

12 hours ago, SAT69 said:

You've done a splendid job on your Lancaster.

Thank you, I tried my best with whatever little I had.

7 hours ago, F-32 said:

I like it, nice job:clap:

Much appreciated.

On 4/30/2021 at 12:40 PM, BerndM said:

Good work and also very good that you have saved it.

On 4/30/2021 at 2:41 PM, Homer said:

Fine piece of modelling well done 👏

Thanks Gents, Really appreciate the kind words. Three Cheers.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 8:38 PM, tomthounaojam said:

Greetings,

Hope everyone is in good spirit and doing well.

I had this Avro Lancaster 1/72 Revell kits but without the decals, I brought it from yard sales so no decals, however, I got a Matchbox decal but sadly it just cracked away. I was on the verge of giving up the model and started something new. But then decided I need to complete what I have started, a friend of mine send me a pair of wing roundels it was a tad small but I can live with it and I used decals from other kits. Working on the matchbox decals which I have no option to work on it was a really challenging bit like building a puzzle. I am no Lancaster expert, however, I really like the aircraft and I hope if any error you guys will forgive me. For bomb, I wanted to have the Tallboy, so asked a friend and he printed a one for me. It was a bit rough but quite happy for the first-ever trial, so the future looks bright for the next project. Building the kit was great, a bit of extra engineering I would say but I can live with hehe. Painted using local paint. So without further ado, may present my Lancaster, bit of Frankenstein on the decal.

Thank you for looking cheers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Thanks for sharing! A good story of perseverance and great model to boot!

Edited by ModelingEdmontonian
  • Like 1

Looks amazing m8, my fav plane evar! I had the pleasure about 30 years ago to see a Lancaster, Hurricane & Spitfire at a local air show. The flyby was spectacular. Wish I had a good camera that day 👍

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

Thanks for sharing! A good story of perseverance and great model to boot!

Thank you for encouraging words, really appreciate it, cheers.

15 hours ago, Winenut said:

A very tasty Lanc indeed

I like the way you got her off the ground to be able to view the Tallboy

Nice job

Cheers

Thank you, I really wanted to show how it is being hung, btw no pilot in the cockpit due to pandemic hehe, Cheers

14 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A nice rescue job on that Tom, it really looks the part. :)

Steve.

Thank you Steve, really appreciate the kind words.

7 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great Save on the decals and good job that you didn't shelve it.   Looks fantastic.   Nice QL too.

Chris

Thank you Chris, cheers

4 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Looks amazing! But please stop making me want to buy more Lancasters, I'm about to do a 1/32 one as it is....

1/32 would be a monster and would be really fun to build, hehe as a fellow modeller all i can say is build more. Cheers

4 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

How did I miss this one?????  I commend you on this outstanding subject. :goodjob:

Mike

Thank you Mike, lots of great models in the forum so it is always easy to miss a one. Cheers Mate

4 hours ago, Aayin1941 said:

Looks amazing m8, my fav plane evar! I had the pleasure about 30 years ago to see a Lancaster, Hurricane & Spitfire at a local air show. The flyby was spectacular. Wish I had a good camera that day 👍

Those sound of the merlin must be a music to the ears. Thank you Mate for the kind words. Cheers

• Like 2

Excellent work!

I love the top photograph - how it would look to personnel on the tarmac. 👍

Looks like the Revell kit is no slouch either - quite tempting to get one.

Yours turned out brilliantly! 😎