Vulcan intake colours?

SeaVenom

I would say white but depending on what camouflage any particular aircraft is wearing as to how far the exterior colour goes in.

XH558's goes in quite far

Best to check pictures of whatever Vulcan you are modelling

Edited by cherry268
Afterthought

Some other things I'll add is the instructions don't say what colour/s and the only photo's I can see show that the front part of the intakes are part of the camouflage and the only others I can find show the deeper parts either with covers on or black and white or in shadow.  I

Hello, a question I can answer pretty confidently. This depended mostly on the scheme in question.

Silver Vulcan B1s had entirely silver intakes.

Anti flash Vulcans of all variants had entirely white intakes.

Camouflage over white/grey vulcans had the front portion as a continuation of camouflage colours but the rest of the intake is white.

Wrap around camouflage Vulcans have camouflaged intakes until the very back where I think it is white.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SeaVenom said:

Sorry forgot to say which one.  I'm making Cyberhobby's 1982 Ascension Island version.

They have very thoughtfully made the intake inserts follow the exact line along which the white should be painted. Paint the inserts white, but paint the intake lips moulded to the main upper part in camouflage.

Camouflage colours should be Dark Green and Medium Sea Grey over a Dark Sea Grey underside. 

You'll also need to only use one ECM plate (the flat plate under the engines). None of the Black Buck Vulcans had them under the left wing, only the right one. 

There is an extra pitot tube on top of the nose that is entirely fictional, the slot for it should just be filled. 

And the nose gear should only have two wheels, not four.

• Like 1

This Vulcan I built a few months ago shows where camo lines should be.

Although the underside is white, the camouflage should follow the same pattern. It needs to slightly wrap under the leading edge of the wing and under the intakes. Also, this has one ECM plate like the Black Buck ones

IMG_20210223_010840719_HDR

And then in the intakes

IMG_20210223_015603769

• Like 5

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Hi there

For XM607 for the Black Buck raids, where is the demarction line inside the intakes between the white and the camouflage?
regards Toby

I beleive they'd be in the same place as usual for a top surface camo Vulcan, however the demarcation line for the underside colour wraps around the top of the wing slightly