Amazon Prime Photos

Max Headroom

I’m getting adverts that if you’re an Amazon Prime member (I’m not btw) you can have unlimited, full resolution storage of pictures. 

Has anyone taken advantage of this yet and if so, is it a suitable host for pictures  to be linked to here?

Trevor

I'm an Amazon Prime member, and their "Amazon Photos" service gives you, as you say, unlimited full-resolution storage,

BUT while you can link to your photos, and can send links to family, friends, and anyone you like, they explicitly say that you 

cannot "hot-link" to show your images elsewhere than their "cloud".

So, I'm afraid it won't work as a photo host for BM.

The Amazon Drive cloud app is pretty poor as well, max file size of 40MB, so any decent-sized books are out.

Prime Video (for access to "The Expanse") is the best bit of Prime membership . . .

19 minutes ago, Fifer54 said:

Prime Video (for access to "The Expanse") is the best bit of Prime membership . . .

It depends where you're coming from. A big plus of the Prime photo store is you can save images in many native formats. When you get into terabytes of data, its probably the best value cloud storage available - but I agree, useless for photo hosting.

Cheers

Colin

9 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

just remember to keep a hard copy or two yourself in retrievable format.

Absolutely - files are stored on PC, on USB drives kept in another room, and Amazon. I will probably never download the Amazon files, but they're there should I ever need them. It does take a while to download them!

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1