first wooden ship build

Hi All, I recently joined britmodeller, and completed a cheapy little 1:72 hurricane, rough and ready no doubt but a way to get the eye in so to speak.  i got the occre bounty launch from my mother in law for Christmas ( no idea where she got the idea but a lovely gift anyway) I've never built a wooden model, ( nor any model since I was a kid to be honest) and I had a quick search on here to see if there were any logs to follow, but no luck.

does anyone have any knowledge of this kit?  is it a good kit for a first timer?  should I stick to airfix?  that kind of thing..  

any help or advice would be most appreciated.

if there is nothing I'm more than happy to post some pictures of the contents if anyone is interested

I'm not expecting to turn out anything of the quality I see on here by the way. i am well aware of my limitations and have set my expectations at a moderate level. so no pressure on me or you guys to reply

Many thanks 

Mulla

11 minutes ago, Mulla said:

Hi All, I recently joined britmodeller, and completed a cheapy little 1:72 hurricane, rough and ready no doubt but a way to get the eye in so to speak.  i got the occre bounty launch from my mother in law for Christmas ( no idea where she got the idea but a lovely gift anyway)

What a great pressie

I've never built a wooden model, ( nor any model since I was a kid to be honest) 

Nor have I, but I will have a crack one day

does anyone have any knowledge of this kit?  is it a good kit for a first timer? 

Not me, I am waiting for you to teach me to be honest LOL !!

should I stick to airfix?  that kind of thing..  

No, do want you want

if there is nothing I'm more than happy to post some pictures of the contents if anyone is interested

Yes please, contents then build please

I'm not expecting to turn out anything of the quality I see on here by the way.

Not the point, modelling is for enjoyment allegedly,  it's your model to enjoy however it comes out.

i am well aware of my limitations and have set my expectations at a moderate level. so no pressure on me or you guys to reply

Many thanks 

Mulla

Enjoy, I am looking for ward to watching.

I believe that launch should be just the thing to " get your feet wet".

Occre makes some good kits, once you complete the launch you should look at their other kits and pick an " intermediate"  kit. Dont go for the 10,000 part kits just yet.

(You will just frustrate yourself, and it will take forever to finish it.... ask me how I know ...)