Lada VFTS Safari Rallye 1985 1:24

Here it is the Buildreport to this Car >>>>>

And here are the Pics of the finished Thing. A little Wood covered with the typical Reddish Brown Sand and some Elefantgrass. For this i cut a Bristle Brush, nothing special at all.

00169cvjso.jpg

0017101j4b.jpg

00173urkj1.jpg

00175v8kxi.jpg

00180vaj2s.jpg

001763yjb9.jpg

00177scjo7.jpg

00178nik5r.jpg

001790fkyf.jpg

001101j3jr5.jpg

001990tjoh.jpg

Greetings from Vienna !

Edited by Challenger77
  • Like 15

When I saw the build thread I was impressed by your attention to detail and the finished model is great, especially in a nice diorama setting.

Does anyone do a kit of the standard, non rally Lada saloon?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

When I saw the build thread I was impressed by your attention to detail and the finished model is great, especially in a nice diorama setting.

Hello, thank you. What i know there is a Ukrainian Manufacturer who plans something. Also a new Kit of the VFTS all in 3D Print.

• Thanks 1

That's very cool! Nice build and a great base to set it off, not a car you see every day!

15 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

It would take a fair bit of scratchbuilding - or maybe using a diecast as a donor, but there's a resin Lada bodyshell on e-bay at the moment. (not mine btw!)

Keith

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

That's very cool! Nice build and a great base to set it off, not a car you see every day!

It would take a fair bit of scratchbuilding - or maybe using a diecast as a donor, but there's a resin Lada bodyshell on e-bay at the moment. (not mine btw!)

Keith

Hi Keith, but only up to 1/43, the 1/24 Diecasts are not Bad but bit expensive with Shipping up to 12.-€ if you mean the Hachette ? I forget about them, i have a Alfa GTV really nice. Got this for 12 €

https://miniaturmodelle.net/de/1:24-lada-21072-vaz-zeitschrift-69-hachette

https://miniaturmodelle.net/de/1:24-lada-21072-vaz-zeitschrift-69-hachette

Edited by Challenger77
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Windy37 said:

That's one of the best looking Ladas I've seen !  Red mud weathering is spot on . Me being a big Safari Rally fan , it's nice to see a diferent car from the event . 

Gary . 

Thank ou once more. The weathering is done with cheap nameless Acrylicpaint from an Artshop. I use mostly Stuff from such shops for Weathering sometimes to Paint the whole Model. I think if it is good enough for Artpainters and so on, then its good enough for my "Art". And i dont want to pay twice the price for nearly the same Stuff, .....😉

Edited by Challenger77
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...