SkyWave Naval Base SW-900

tempestfan

For some reason (don't ask me which... I try to justify myself that I had some other lots from the same seller, and adding another one would spread international shipping cost), I bought a batch of 1/700 Waterline kits. In this batch was also a box for the Naval Base. Inside the box with unstapled bag was one sprue, while the box would easily hold two and possibly three. So, just for my curiosity: Was there indeed just a lone sprue in the box, or is my kit incomplete? Any elucidation appreciated! 

Thanks a lot Graham - SW-900 is given on the box end, but then possibly that’s just the price? The same lot had a mostly empty box of the Kamikaze class, which is W14 on the box, has SW-1200 also on the box end, and 700-043 on the transfer sheet. The Naval Base is #9, the Landing Craft Set #8, according to the box sides. Obviously in a different range/series. Nothing makes life more rewarding for a kit collector than a confusing kit numbering system 😊

Or to quote the Kamikaze instructions: „Enjoy your model life“...

I just typed in Skywave Naval Base SW900 into Bing and got a picture of the Landing Craft box.  I know the Landing Craft was very early Skywave and the Kamikaze considerably later, so suggest that that #8, #9 and 700-043 are the same basic kit numbering system.  The SW may be a series thing?