Phantom FGR2. Falkland Islands (1/48)

Latest off the bench is the Hasegawa/Revell FGR2 Phantom in the markings of 1435 Flight, Falkland Islands, December 1991.

For the price this is excellent value as the kit can be obtained for about £25. However ..... the main wheels are wrong (the American ones are supplied) and there are no Sidewinders.

Soooo. Wheels are by CMK, Sidewinders are from a Hobby Boss Hawk kit and the FOD covers by Quickboost, decals by Extra decal).

Hope you like. Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking.

Dick

DPP_0000

DPP_0001

DPP_0002

DPP_0003

• Like 56

That looks sweet. I did a coin flip to do the Academy F-4J I posted or the same Hasegawa FGR.2 kit. 

I’ll refer to your FGR when I do mine. The colors look great. Markings will be a Falklands deployed 23 Squadron jet. 

Many thanks for your kind comments and likes. Much appreciated. 

They used the Malta Trio of aircraft. Faith, Hope and Charity. Then added a forth Desperation...... This is Desperation. 

Seems very appropriate after the year plus we have been through.

Dick  

• 1 month later...

Love it. Got one in the stash with a heap of extras and the same markings as they look great with the white tail, painted as such for a display day for the locals I believe in late 90 or early 91 (?) from memory.

Gorgeous build, looks very clean for a Falklands Phantom!

Hello jenko,

Excellent and crisp build. The tail makes it for me. Nice break in the color scheme.

Regards, orion.