1/72 - Grumman E-1B Tracer by Clearprop Models - 3D renders

Homebee

18 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Not necessarily! Assuming you sold it in some kind of auction format, all you need are two people willing to spend at least $399 on that kit because $400 was too much for one of them. 

Additionally, the CA kit, because of the multi media content, is not an easy kit to build. I found the kit was in realty beyond my ability to do a good job building it because of the resin and while metal parts. That's why I decided to sell it. I would have loved to keep it. An all plastic kit would be much easier for us less talented modelers to build. 

Edited by jpk
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Despite the awful events in Ukraine, Clear Prop! do still seem to be in business and producing kits. I note the DH-9A on Hannants website can now be placed on backorder.

Does anyone have any news on the current state of the Tracer kit? It was/is still top of my list of most wanted new/future releases.

I couldn't glean much information from their website. I do recall they have a Facebook page, and maybe some other social media? but I'm not on those. Is anyone on these platforms and maybe able to share some insights?

Cheers.

Edited by Smudge

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 3:34 PM, VMA131Marine said:

Not necessarily! Assuming you sold it in some kind of auction format, all you need are two people willing to spend at least $399 on that kit because $400 was too much for one of them. 

Edited by jpk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I messaged Clear Prop! through their website, and after a little while did receive a reply. I asked if they still have plans to release the Tracer, to which the rather brief reply was 'yes we do' 

Given the 'situation' in Ukraine, I guess that that is very good news, and I will just have to be patient. I fully understand that there are more important things going on in the World.

Best wishes to all at Clear Prop!

3 hours ago, Smudge said:

I messaged Clear Prop! through their website, and after a little while did receive a reply. I asked if they still have plans to release the Tracer, to which the rather brief reply was 'yes we do' 

Given the 'situation' in Ukraine, I guess that that is very good news, and I will just have to be patient. I fully understand that there are more important things going on in the World.

Best wishes to all at Clear Prop!

Thanks for the heads up, I hope they follow up with other versions. I have a S2F hole in my collection

4 hours ago, Smudge said:

Me too :) I'm a big fan of the Tracker, Trader Tracer family. 

In the mid 1990’s I volunteered at a Museum in the Western suburbs of Chicago. One day two gentlemen showed up and asked if a few of us would like to come across the airport to check their aircraft out. When we arrived we were shown an S2F Tracker tucked away in a hanger. We were allowed to crawl through it and were invited to go for a flight. Sadly I missed my chance at the flight due to family obligations. One of my biggest regrets in life. 

• Like 1

My first encounter was as a young 'spotter' at RAF Northolt back in the Seventies. I thought it was a Tracker on first seeing it, that's when I found out about Traders :D

I don't think we ever had more than the occasional visitor here in the UK, so a bit of a rarity and always nice to see one. 

Sadly I've never seen a Tracer/Willy Fudd but I think they are such an interesting and unique type. I'm really looking forward to the release of this kit.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just bumping this one back up the list. 

Clearprop have had a few new releases lately, so maybe there is a chance of seeing this one in the near future?

Any recent Rumours?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

The Tracer is now showing (on Scalemates) as a future release for 2024.

I don't know if there is any substance to this as an indication of a possible release, or just wishful thinking.........

Edited by Smudge
reference Scalemates
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

It's the latter.  This is still at an early stage of development, and I think a low priority.

Sadly, I think you are probably right. Such a shame. For me personally this is/was their most exciting and interesting 'future project'.

I have their Mohawk and Seasprite. Looking at their website I'd also be keen on the future Frogfoot, and DH. Comet. But the Tracer is the one I was really looking forward to.

:sad:

On 9/8/2022 at 1:23 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks for the heads up, I hope they follow up with other versions. I have a S2F hole in my collection

I have a Hasegawa S2F-1 Tracker 1/72 scale I will never build. Old end flap boxing with USN decals. Sell it cheap. It is a pretty nice kit for it's age.

Edited by jpk