1/72 - Grumman E-1B Tracer by Clearprop Models - 3D renders

Homebee

I wonder where this fits in Clear Prop's future release plans - at the very least, they have already announced a Su-25 and a LaGG-3 series 66, and I believe I heard rumours about other variants of La-5 to follow the existing ones.

John

10 hours ago, Paolo6691 said:

Let's hope a S-2, especially an S-2F will come later.

The tracer will be in my to get list!

A whole new fuselage and modified nacelles, but we can hope. I’ll be happy if the Tracer appears any time soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parrahs said:

Another announcement of theirs? I'm starting to feel somewhat worried about some of their earlier announced but still unreleased kits.

Same here! Clear Prop is not a very big outfit, AFAIK. They need to focus - especially on the previously-announced releases that I want... :whistle:

John

It would be a shame if they do not do this in 1/48. Looking at the images of their Skyshark kits it would be a slam dunk best seller. Especially since I sold my Collect Aire kit for $400.00 a while back. You know it would sell well if people are willing to spend that much on a resin kit. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

A whole new fuselage and modified nacelles, but we can hope. I’ll be happy if the Tracer appears any time soon.

To go from Tracer to Trader you need the S-2 wings.

From Trader to S-2 new fuselage and nacelles 

Let's hope!

On 27/04/2021 at 12:51, SAT69 said:

That's a pleasant surprise. I wonder whether they'll consider doing it in 1/48 scale later. 

I'd certainly like them to :yes:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, jpk said:

This would be far more lucrative in 1/48 than 1/72. 

I'm quite confident they'll make good money on it in both scales. It's one of those odd looking airplanes that somehow has quite an appeal.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 9:27 AM, jpk said:

Especially since I sold my Collect Aire kit for $400.00 a while back. You know it would sell well if people are willing to spend that much on a resin kit. 

Not necessarily! Assuming you sold it in some kind of auction format, all you need are two people willing to spend at least $399 on that kit because $400 was too much for one of them. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Well, in 1/72 we can expect, quite reasonably, also the S-2 Tracker and C-1 Trader kits.

Let's hope!  

A good S-2 would be extra welcome

Edited by Paolo6691

18 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Not necessarily! Assuming you sold it in some kind of auction format, all you need are two people willing to spend at least $399 on that kit because $400 was too much for one of them. 

No auction. I sold it outright to a person that posted they were looking for one. I told the eventual buyer that because of the rarity of the kit I was going to charge a premium on it. I told him $400 + shipping and he was good with that. He said the price was fair for what the kit was and it's availability. So no, there was no biding war for it. I later sold a Collect Aire T2V Seastar for the same price, again to someone that was wanting to acquire one. Same explanation for the price. 

Edited by jpk