Crane Jane and Maz Boy

Blimey Rich.  You are going to build a scale Tonka Truck!

Mighty-Dump-Truck-Tonka-06025.png?v=1627

You will need the loader to go with it……

s-l1600.jpg

Toys from my youth right there!

Those wheels & cables look complex to say the least.  Hope it goes well

• Like 1

Awesome work on the crane. Maybe build the "Tonka" in 1/35 just for once? Would still be really big. 1/50? Or just go with 1/25 and stock up on plastic 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

JeroneS,

But you see, my stash of kits are mostly 1/25 big rig truck and trailer model kits.  AMT, Revell, Italeri, ect...  I wanted a large earth works vehicle to fit onto one of my big rig low boy trailers.  The komatsu is simply to big.  Besides, the only 1/35 kits I have are all tank transporters each with there own load.

I have made a decision about my next project.  Not the Komatsu, but a 1/25 road grader for one of my big rig kits.  I have been looking for a new project and now must spend some time getting references.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Hey All,

Work continues on the crane boom.  I have built the extension for the crane and started with the main hook end.

7lvVUSJ.jpg

Starting the hoses and wiring for the crane.

KOOwKbR.jpg

This is the business end of the crane.  Here I have started with the wheels for both the crane and the hook.

77jz07w.jpg

More wires and hoses...

BPjuXZr.jpg

parts for the hook end...

5ZSc22k.jpg

This is were I am on the build as of tonight.

MIQlxjs.jpg

I still have a ton of hoses and wiring to add to the build.  Stay tuned for the last parts of the build up next.

Thanks All...

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

So here it is. The final post for this build.  

I was actually avoiding this part of the build for a while.  I just got stressed with having to thread the cables for the pullies.  This threading took some time and still only looks just OK.  However, I really don't want to do it over.

This is what it looked like when I started getting things messy.

MIQlxjs.jpg

I might do some more weathering later, but this is it for now.

l0nbddY.jpg

This front shot sort of looks likes a bug....

9QqEXk8.jpg

OQpDh8x.jpg

pj2WIGz.jpg

h2TgDwi.jpg

LkR3ir6.jpg

y4o5GgL.jpg

I could spend another month adding more bits and baubles to this build, but I'd rather move on at this point.  I'll spend some time getting things tighter for RFI, and perhaps show how I wanted to add a flat tire and fix it crew.  Maybe no, maybe yes.

Next stop is R.F.I. with a bunch of photos. Thanks everyone for tagging along.........

P.S.

I'm going to finish this project with the RFI section, then it's time to move on.  I'll be getting back to my Diorama project (Launch 14, Coopers Rocket) and posting there once a month or so, and I'll also be taking some time off of posting scratch work for a while, to get caught up on a pile of box kits that I really want to get to.

I have my next scratch project already picked out and have moved forward with ordered blueprints, and build plans for a civil engineering road grader and a lowboy haul trailer. I already have the tractor truck kit to make a three part build.

I'll let everyone know when I'm ready to start that project.

Follow me in the Diorama section.  Thanks Everyone for watching!

• Like 7