T-33 Mexico - Italeri 1/72

yes, it's me again :oops: 
I started this project last year and had to stop it, because of problems (covid) with foreign supplies, until today I don't received order from Czech and Ukraine, so I decided to make it different. Kit is Italeri edition of Platz in 1/72. From aftermarket I used resin wheels from Res-Kit, resin ejection seats from the Sword kit I have, some PE parts from Eduard and decals from Aztec. Aztec made a mistake with the color for this plane it can't be FS34079 - this will be to dark. I used FS34092 in my opinion it match perfect. Decals are designet for HASEGAWA kit so doesn't fit ideal but it is not a big problem.
Hope that you enjoy it after all my Polish Spitfires from the last days. This T-bird is my 25th kit finished this year 😱
IMG-9294.jpg
IMG-9295.jpg
IMG-9296.jpg
IMG-9297.jpg

• Like 48
  • Thanks 2

Caramba! Una T-33 muy bonita! I was not aware that Italeri had reboxed the Platz T-33 kit! If you look inside the fuselage halves, you can see evidence that they had engineered their T-33 kit to allow for an F-80 at some point. When I asked them about this, they said they had no plans to release the single seat version, which is a real shame. That being said, that is a very nice T-33 you have built!

Mike

• Thanks 1

On 27/04/2021 at 16:30, 72modeler said:

Caramba! Una T-33 muy bonita! I was not aware that Italeri had reboxed the Platz T-33 kit! If you look inside the fuselage halves, you can see evidence that they had engineered their T-33 kit to allow for an F-80 at some point. When I asked them about this, they said they had no plans to release the single seat version, which is a real shame. That being said, that is a very nice T-33 you have built!

Mike

Maybe an RT-33 or AT-33

Wulfman

9 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Maybe an RT-33 or AT-33

Don't think RT/AT- inside the kit fuselage halves, there is an indentation right at the trailing edge at the wing root that marked where the fuselage break was; all they had to do was mold a new shorter set of rear fuselage halves correct for the F-80 and remove the plug that was put behind the intake that allowed the second cockpit- if they used a slide mold, it would have been a piece if cake- that, or just mold a separate set of  fuselage halves and a new canopy. From the look of how their T-33 kit is engineered, it was pretty obvious they were at least thinking F-80, A shame, as the Airfix kit is ancient, and the Sword kits have big fit issues with how the intakes and lower wing go together-  Oh, well! (Arma Hobby- this would be a great first jet kit for you to consider; RF, and F-80's as well as the three types of tip tanks, and two different windscreen locations for the B and C variants.) @Tailspin Turtle has already explained the windscreen variations in text, drawings, and photos!

Mike

That being said, it's actually easy to convert a T-33 back to an F-80-remove the constant chord intake plug, remove the rear fuselage plug, which is what Lockheed added to convert an F-80 into a TF-80/T-33, and get an F-80 vacform canopy; add the six .50 cal gunports in the nose, use the correct style of tip tank for the subject you are  modeling, and you're there!

Edited by 72modeler
added text

For most of my P-80 stuff, go to to my Tailhook Topics blog and type P-80 in the search box: http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/

Some of my P-80 stuff is in my “draft” blog:

https://tailhooktopics.blogspot.com/2012/02/lockheed-p-80-shooting-star.html

https://tailhooktopics.blogspot.com/2015/01/lockheed-xp-80.html

• Thanks 1

Hi @hadzi!

That Platz kit is great and you’ve done a wonderful job with it :). I’ve built a few and always look at them with satisfaction. You should too :).

Martin